ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Broadband Program Director - Texas in Des Moines, Iowa
ICF is seeking a Broadband Program Director with management and planning experience who will lead broadband expansion planning and manage similar special projects.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a management team that is making a significant impact by assisting the state of Texas with planning programs funded through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) and working to optimize grant resources to the state of Texas.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the development of Texas State broadband plans including the development of the state’s initial proposal, final proposal, 5-year action plan, digital equity plan, and public engagement plan. Additional responsibilities include leading weekly client engagements, facilitating client interviews, and writing an internal project management plan. You will work with leadership, and broadband engineering disciplines to develop recommendations, anticipate client needs and propose solutions to assist the client with meeting their deadlines. By exceeding the client’s expectations, the successful candidate will position the company’s resources and expertise to grow the business.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with a track record of successful, multi-disciplinary plan development and will be responsible for ensuring that programs are positioned to optimize broadband grant resource allocations, build strong solutions to impacted areas, and provide strong risk management. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join an expert team to facilitate change and help make a lasting difference
· Leading a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate state and regional broadband expansion plans.
· Develop mitigation solutions for critical broadband infrastructure projects that leverage industry best practices.
· Leading the development of the win strategy and identifying critical activities and resources needed to increase the win probability.
· Ensuring client-focused activities are taking place, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings in concert with the capture team throughout the life of the pursuit.
· Work with ICF leadership to identify and engage new clients and execute work for broadband infrastructure initiatives.
· Assist clients with securing IIJA, ARPA, CFP, and other funding for broadband initiatives.
· Serve as the direct interface with client staff, state/local government agencies, as well as senior program staff.
· Coordinate client’s priorities and identify grant funding opportunities.
· Lead the development and maintenance of all applicable program policies, requirements, procedures, and guidelines.
· Prepare agendas, biweekly status reports, and follow-up actions for meetings with external clients and client vendors.
· 8+ years of professional experience
· 3+ years of experience in broadband expansion issues with a focus on rural or unserved/underserved communities
· Possess knowledge of regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for federal broadband programs.
· Experience in leading a multi-disciplinary planning process.
· Familiarity with National Telecommunications and Information Administration regulations.
· Demonstrated success managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant, quality work products.
· Willingness to travel or relocate to Austin, TX. as necessary
· Expert problem-solving capabilities and ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to unique circumstances.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics
· Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
· Experience with business process mapping and the use of project management software.
· Excellent writing and presentation skills, with experience writing technical information clearly and concisely.
· Self-motivated; ability to work independently.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in planning, broadband telecom, project mgmt., or a related field.
· Graduate’s Degree in public administration, telecommunications, business administration, or a related field of study.
· 5+ years of managing government programs.
· Understanding of 2 CFR 200 with a focus on 200.306 cost-sharing and matching
· Familiarity with QuickBase, Salesforce or similar platforms.
· Experience working in Texas within a Federal, State and/or City financial role.
· Knowledge of IIAJ, BEAD, FCC programs.
· Previous experience supporting broadband initiatives.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$91,384.00 - $155,352.00
Texas Remote Office (TX99)
Need help? We're here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
ICF is a global consulting and technology services company with approximately 9,000 employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3731098-1&h=2556622195&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icf.com%2F&a=icf.com) .
ICF Consulting Group, Inc.
- ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Jobs