Mediacom Broadband Specialist I in Des Moines, Iowa
Broadband Specialist I
Location Des Moines, IA - (CC) Capital
Working Hours Roatating 10 hr shift (am to 7pm) with every other Saturday off. Week 1: Tues- Sat, Week 2: Mon-Wed
Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=16996)
If you enjoy technology and serving your community, you'll love Mediacom. Along with that rewarding feeling, you’ll be given the Power to Succeed in your career while enjoying ongoing training and a generous benefits package designed to be flexible and relevant to your needs. You'll find all sorts of advantages to joining the Mediacom team including:
-Company provided vehicle and gas card!
-Paid on the job training and opportunity to promote!
-Company provided tools, tablet and phone!
-Full-time with Medical, Dental, Vision!
-Paid vacation, paid holidays and paid flex PTO!
-Pay increases through self-guided study!
-Monthly bonus potential!
-Generous employee discount on services!
As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician), you will be primarily focused on new installations of our cable television and broadband services. You’ll drive a company van, go into customer homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our customers. You’ll also learn and perform a variety of duties including installation, changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection of service, payment collection, and any special requests customers may have regarding installation.
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options, sales campaigns and promotions.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
• Entry level; 0 to 18 months experience.
• High school diploma or GED required; trade school training preferred.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
• General level of mechanical and consumer devices knowledge
• Ability to interact and communicate with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
• Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Strenuous – Physical effort represented by frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools.
Mediacom is proud to have received the following recognition: “2022 & 2021 Best Managed Companies,” “2019 Best Company for Women to Work,” “2017 Best Company for People of Color and Women to Work,” and “Content & Connectivity Human Resources (C2HR)’s 2021 Social Impact Award”
Mediacom is an EOE
KEYWORDS: Broadband Specialist, Installer, Technical Operations, Technician, Cable, Construction, Labor, Telecom, Internet, Install, Home Security, Xtream, Fiber, Copper
Mediacom endeavors to make mediacomcable.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 845-443-2408 . Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.
Back (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/searchResults?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46) Share
- Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=16996)