Black & Veatch Business Development - Commercial - Remote United States in Des Moines, Iowa
Business Development - Commercial - Remote United States
Date: May 3, 2022
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 69821
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Generates new business from both existing customers and new accounts. This includes but is not limited to, developing strategic account plans, building and maintaining strategic relationships, participating in interface activities such as trade shows, conferences, and events to foster relationships, championing the proposal effort, preparing and giving targeted sales presentations, working with Project Managers to ensure client satisfaction, and participating in the Client Satisfaction Program surveys. Please note that this position will require up to 40-50% travel.
• Develops strategic account plans for targeted clients to meet or exceed desired Project Gross Margin (PGM); determines personnel within client organization to cultivate relationships with to win new business or maintain existing relationship; makes recommendations as to what projects to pursue based on client needs.
• Initiates, maintains, and cultivates strategic relationships relative to the sector's client base.
• In conjunction with management and colleagues, coordinates client interface activities to ensure sales efforts are carried out to execute the strategic account plans leading to new projects and increased scope of work for existing projects. This includes client-focused presentations, attending trade shows, conferences, and special events to foster relationships; communicating to management what clients to target and personnel within organization to contact at events.
• Champions the proposal effort in conjunction with management and colleagues by assisting in the evaluation and pricing process to win new business opportunities; participates on team to present proposals to division management and the Proposal Review Board; provides input as to what differentiators to use regarding services offered to client besides price.
• Works with Project Managers and division staff to ensure customer satisfaction on current projects; follows up with clients to address concerns or issues and communicates those to management.
• Acts as interface with Project Manager and client to address significant changes to contract and/or scope of services.
• Participates in Client Satisfaction Program which includes, recommending which clients to survey for useful feedback based on client relationships, identifying personnel within client organization to involve in survey, participating in survey process with Project Managers by interviewing/surveying clients, ensuring survey results are communicated to appropriate Black and Veatch management, following up on improvements or changes needed based on survey results, as requested.
• Maintains and drives action items from Client Satisfaction Feedback sessions.
• Assesses the success of strategic account plans on a quarterly basis and revises as needed to ensure PGM targets are met.
• Updates and tracks clients in client database, Electronic Client Resource Management System (eCRM).
• Manages marketing budget allotted for travel, attending trade shows, conferences, and events.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates
• Strong knowledge and experience selling engineering and construction services to commercial clients; knowledge of industry business drivers and motivators
• Team player
• Exhibits high ethical standards in business and in work
• Maintains a reputation of integrity among clients
• Understanding of financial metrics including PGM, revenue, overhead costs, Profit and Loss, and Project Financials
• Proposal and contract negotiating skills which includes knowledge of terms, risks, pricing, and payment terms
• Excellent communications/human relations and presentation skills (written, verbal, client service); ability to maintain key relationships
• Ability to think quickly and anticipate questions when interfacing with clients
• Ability to sell; strong negotiating and persuasive skills
• Ability to interface with diverse personalities
• Ability to think strategically
• Ability to forecast
• Strong leadership skills
• Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Good problem-solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
Bachelor's Degree in Management/Marketing or related field. 15+ years experience including 5+ years telecommunications industry experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Work Environment: Typical office/home office environment. Physical Demands: Sitting, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, driving, seeing, writing, reaching, stooping, crouching, walking, standing for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: Up to 40-50%
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs