Amentum Capture Manager - Remote in Des Moines, Iowa
Purpose and Scope:
The Capture Manager – Logistics and Supply Chain is accountable for growth and responsible for leading and winning services- and solutions-based new business, including competitive captures of significant size, complexity, and/or a unique/complex business model. Capture objectives are focused on government contracts for base operations/mission support services and potentially other logistics and/or supply chain markets.
1. Develop, evolve, and mature strategic growth plans and identify promising, addressable new business opportunities in the assigned market segment.
2. Plan, direct, coordinate and control all activities related to assigned capture efforts, including accountability of all phases of capture management until contract award. May manage large complex capture efforts.
3. Develop a capture plan which includes a description and analysis of the opportunity, customer, competition, team, pursuit/win strategy, pricing strategy, and capture resource needs, with an integrated action/contact plan.
4. Focus on customer-oriented solutions, forming a competitive team and coordinating the integration of subject matter experts and functions required to position the team and maximize probability of win.
5. Prepare capture team staffing plan and overall resource basis of estimate.
6. Develop and implement customer contact plan across all levels of customers.
7. Identify customer’s key issues, concerns and “hot buttons” through direct customer contact leveraging Business Development and Business Area resources.
8. Lead the Capture and Proposal Business Decision Gate reviews for all pursuits assigned.
9. Ensure effective and efficient implementation of proven best practices for activities such as strategy workshops/reviews, proposal planning, proposal development/reviews, and proposal production.
10. Lead win strategy, competitive assessment, and pricing strategy workshops and prepare/complete strategic action plans, Return on Investments, risk assessments.
11. Ensure winning technical, management, price, and past performance approaches are developed by the capture team.
12. Conduct thorough draft/final Request for Proposal analyses and develop effective questions for customer.
13. Provide guidance to Proposal Manager in development and execution of a Proposal Management Plan, including technical, management, pricing, and past performance/corporate experience.
14. Interact with and provide guidance to Proposal Manager on the entire proposal/orals process to ensure well-written, compliant, and competitive volumes/slides incorporating win themes, discriminators, and program insights.
15. Ensure timely selection and participation in pursuit process of key personnel for program implementation and management.
16. Establish the company as preferred contractor prior to release of Request for Proposal through advertising and other communication means.
17. Develop and manage the Capture Budget, including the sales and marketing and the bid and proposal budgets, updating as required.
18. Develop effective teaming strategies, including negotiation of teaming agreements.
19. Ensure data is entered and updated in relevant business development information system(s).
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Affairs, or a related field. Two (2) years’ experience in business development or related discipline can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college. Master’s degree is desirable. Ten (10) years of business development or capture experience in the logistics and supply chain arena with two (2) of those years focusing on large Government bids (over $100 Million total contract value). Prefer experience in Government and/or military facilities operations/mission support services. Proven track record supporting and developing winning bids. Demonstrated expertise and success in leading captures and proposals in the services sector. Established, positive relationships with users, key decision makers, and acquisition officials/leads within Government agencies. Experience with differing acquisition approaches with a proven record of pursuing and capturing services and solutions based new business opportunities of significant size, complexity of scope, and/or a unique/complex business model. Knowledge of effective solutions to varying types of Government solicitation types, evaluation methodology, and pricing structures. Successful completion of Business Development or Capture Management training courses preferred. Position requires U.S. citizenship for purposes of obtaining background investigations and/or clearances. Experience in international business development and capture required. Prior U.S. military service or working in other federal agencies preferred. Relevant contract operations experience preferred. Extensive knowledge of capture management process that entails the development of management and technical approaches, cost volume management, teaming, pricing strategies and competitive assessments. Proven ability to conduct competitive assessments and price to win analysis. Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with senior managers, employees, and the public. Strong leadership skills with an ability to coach, lead, motivate and influence others to support corporate goals and objectives to produce a winning proposal within budget and schedule constraints. Ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance. Ability to help formulate winning technical, management, past performance, cost oral presentation strategies.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Works in a normal office/virtual office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions. Domestic and international travel required. Must be able to work extended hours, often with short notice, to meet deadlines. Extended hours may include late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays. Demonstrate ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material with attention to detail.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Labor Law Posters (https://postings.govdocs.com/#/vxSkbztPuAwwxfs)
EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
- Amentum Jobs