FOTH AND VAN DYKE, LLC Construction Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their .
Our Infrastructure Solutions business focuses on working with public agencies to solve challenges with our built infrastructure, improving the quality of life for all by helping people safely and efficiently travel, delivering clean water, and protecting public health. We partner alongside clients in all project phases, from planning through construction, on building roads, airports and water systems. Our focus is on the people we serve, and their success is our inspiration.
Foth is currently seeking team-focused and results-oriented Construction Engineers and Construction Technicians who are looking for new opportunities and long-term career growth within our team. These positions will be working out of our Des Moines, IA location actively participating in construction administration and observation of municipal, transportation and federal-aid projects.
System expansion, economic growth, aging infrastructure, and community preparedness are all challenges faced by nearly every community today. As a member of the Foth Infrastructure construction team, you will help clients meet these challenges while minimizing impacts to the community and the environment. From water systems, streets, and site development, you will be a part of providing effective solutions that are cost-conscious and practical.
- Work collaboratively with contractors and owners to deliver a project that is representative of plans and specifications
- Communicate with contractor and various stakeholders to identify schedule conflicts, design errors and/or areas for improved constructability; work to resolve issues preventing schedule delays or additional cost
- Coordinate/provide inspection for materials incorporated into the project, such as PCC, HMA, soils, aggregates, etc.
- Document daily activities occurring on project site utilizing computer software, iPad, etc.
- Utilize GPS units to provide survey grade measurements as needed for construction documentation, record drawings, etc.
- Communicate with residents, business owner and various stakeholders as needed
- Provide necessary documentation (such as existing conditions, associated costs from contractors, as-built documentation) for plan changes, RFI\'s and change orders
- Create pay applications from field measured quantities and coordinate with contractor for approval
- Lead weekly construction meetings; prepare necessary agendas
- Associate Degree or Bachelor\'s Degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology or closely related field
- Construction administration and observation experience in municipal infrastructure construction projects, either through internship/coop or fulltime professional role
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 650 members and operates in 28 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and ngineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients\' toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth\'s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients\' achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!