UnityPoint Health Construction Project Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
This position is responsible for engineering, managing and coordinating all aspects of multiple and various sized construction and renovation projects including facilities related projects. Prepares strategic plans for project success and is responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical to assure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects from the design and layout stage through completion of punch list items for assigned projects. Successful implementation of job responsibilities will insure patient and family focused, cost effective and quality construction at UnityPoint Health – Des Moines campuses. This position serves as a liaison to bring the project to completion to stakeholders’ satisfaction. Actively manages budgets, schedules, programs and risk including infection prevention, safety and security.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
• Serves as liaison for the Construction Department with all end-users, interpreting their needs and requirements and representing them in the field. Coordinates all moves and relocations with the end-users.
• Analyzes and evaluates remodeling needs in order to define the project scope and value engineers to maintain established budget. Estimates construction/remodeling costs including electrical, mechanical, and architectural for maintaining established budget.
• Manages timely and cost effective building construction, renovation and remodeling. Includes compliance with applicable codes, practices, and the plans and specifications
• Provides design direction, supervises development and preparation of plans to achieve quality patient care by optimizing the designs of projects by focusing on safety, staff efficiencies and the patient and family environment.
• Supervises contracted architects and engineers, general contractors and sub-contractors, attorneys and consultants involved construction projects.
EDUCATION: A bachelor's degree is preferred or an equivalent years experience in engineering/construction management (4 years) is acceptable. (Total experience in engineering/construction management would be 7 years with no degree.)
-Minimum of three (3) years experience in construction engineering/management.
-Candidate must have experience in all facets of construction projects including architecture, mechanical or electrical
-Experience successfully delivering multiple quality projects on time and within budget simultaneously.
-Individual will have familiarity with AIA contracts and contract administration.
Possesses a thorough knowledge of construction industry with emphasis on coordination and integration of disciplines, construction methods, and building materials. (F)
Individual will have good engineering and construction management skills.
Knowledge in the requirements for hospital construction, current State and National Building Codes and familiarity with FGI Guidelines for Design and Construction of Hospitals and Outpatient Facilities are preferred.
Ability to read, understand and visualize blue prints and specifications.
Ability to estimate construction costs.
Excellent knowledge of design and software such as AutoCAD.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental, or own vehicle.
Requisition ID: 2022-112001
Street: 1111 Woodland Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $31.09/Hr.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8 hr days; 40 hrs/wk
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org