UnityPoint Health Department Secretary-Blank Physician Support in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides secretarial services for the Blank Children's Pediatric Clinics providers and staff under the direction of the clinic leadership team.
• Provides coordination of meetings, communicating with other hospital departments and community agencies.
• Remains proficient on office equipment used for the position.
• Answers telephone, screens calls, answers routine questions in a professional, customer friendly manner. Evaluates and acts upon detailed information obtained from caller.
• Types and complete transcription for correspondence, reports, minutes, protocols and agreements with no errors, as well as makes constructive suggestions to improve the quality of the documents.
• Manages accurate appointment calendars, schedules and coordinates appointments for department/providers.
• Responsible for maintaining current licensing of providers, which includes DEA and state licensure.
• Process invoices, maintenance requests, office supply orders, including forms
• Create new forms to meet clinic needs.
• Create tools for presentations, including PowerPoint, slides, outlines and handouts.
• Assists with current time-keeping program.
• Maintains accurate filing systems, with the ability to locate information as needed.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 2 years previous secretarial experience. Proficient at operating a PC. Microsoft Office required. Network application experience preferred. Previous experience in a medical setting desirable. Typing skills 40-wpm or keyboard equivalent. Accurate data entry and spelling accuracy required. Previous customer service experience desirable.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions. Must be able to multitask and stay on track with completing job functions in a very busy work environment with multiple distractions. Ability to adapt to frequent changes in insurance plans, hospital and departmental procedures, job functions and new technology.
Requisition ID: 2019-70541
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $13.31/Hr.
Name: Blank Physician Support- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-Fr: 8am to 4:30pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org