UnityPoint Health Department Secretary-Medical Education in Des Moines, Iowa
Department Secretary - Medical Education
Provides receptionist and secretarial services for the department of the Residency Program and assists in meeting the primary goal of the department which is to promote all aspects of medical education within the scope of training at UPH-DM and the consortium.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining accurate departmental files. Prepares and processes human resource documents, travel vouchers, and other institutional forms as requested.
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining confidential files for current residents and graduates of the residency. Ensures that files are up-to-date with required documents and records. Responsible for creating and maintaining files on faculty including curriculum vitae, evaluations, and publication information.
• Prepares meeting agendas and transcribes minutes/summaries as directed for resident and faculty meetings and attends meetings to record minutes as requested.
• Orders and maintains departmental supplies. Responsible for monitoring the status of office equipment and ordering repairs.
• Assists with the preparation and completion of program annual reports and accreditation documents. Prepares special reports, manuscripts, publications, and audiovisual materials for residents, faculty, and director and assists other residency programs as assigned.
• Responsible for maintaining/tracking conference attendance for residents along with the electronic distribution and collection of resident and faculty evaluations of the residency using the MedHub electronic evaluation system. Reports resident absences accurately and immediately to program director to ensure ACGME requirements are met.
• Assist in the programs’ recruitment process. Schedule interviews, email interview confirmations, and arrange hotel accommodations. Responsible for working knowledge of the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
• Responsible for Residency meetings set up including ordering food, setting up necessary audio visual equipment, and clean up.
• Responsible for setting up resident afternoon conferences. Assists residency programs in setting up and cleaning up conferences when requested.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Receptionist/secretarial experience required. Experience with word processors, personal computers, and transcription machines required. Must possess excellent phone communication skills, communicate effectively and have good interpersonal skills.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Demonstrate successful office management experience. Must have completed or will complete medical terminology course and personal computer course.
Requisition ID: 2022-123304
Street: 1415 Woodland Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Medical Education Admin- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days 8AM - 5PM, 40 hours/week
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org