Donatech Driver Training Instructor / CDL Driver in Des Moines, Iowa
Driver Training Instructor / CDL Driver
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
The position of the Trainer/CDL professional driver's main role is to deliver the best possible training to our customers using our client's three pronged approach. The three pronged approach entails, instructor led training, computer based training and driving simulator training.
The ideal candidate MUST have a class A CDL with a current medical card. This position may be required to move our fleet to and from training sites across the United States and Canada. 75% travel is required with this position. Because of the potential moves into Canada, this position requires the trainer to have a current US Passport or the ability to obtain one.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Up to, but not limited to 75% travel to global locations. Travel may be required with less than 214 hours’ notice.
• Deliver predefined courses to students in a classroom environment.
• Diagnose errors or technical failures and determine proper resolutions.
• Provide basic maintenance and operations training to various size groups at customer destinations.
• Stand for extended periods of time.
• Produce timely and detailed reports.
• Comprehend customer requirements and challenges and work with other departments to make appropriate recommendations.
• Operate vehicle in safely manner and operate the vehicle within the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
• Follow all company’s policies and procedures.
• Tie workflow to schedule.
• Build positive relationships with customers.
• Maintain corporate issue assets and conduct routine inventory reports.
• Additional tasks and responsibilities assigned by management.