FIELDCORE SERVICE SOLUTIONS LLC Electrical Excitation Field Engineer FEP, ( 23-8318) in Des Moines, Iowa
A TFA FEP is an entry level position. You will start by being enrolled in FieldCore's Field Engineering Program (FEP). While in the FEP, you will develop in-depth technical expertise, lean thinking and leadership skills and will have a unique opportunity to go through:
- In-person and Online training Curriculum
- On-the-job trainings
- Learning from experienced Technical Field Advisors (TFA's)
You will gain experience and grow your career while traveling and helping provide power to communities. Upon successful graduation from the FEP program, you will be eligible for a TFA - Electrical Excitation position.
The TFA - Electrical Excitation is responsible for the Power Turbine Generator Excitation System and is accountable for control of costs, quality control - preservation, protection, security, or safekeeping of turbine modules, office trailers, tool trailers/gang boxes, cranes, and accessories, spare parts. As well as external reporting: Technical Field Advisers may report to the client, the plant/utility owner, the construction firm, giving daily or weekly updates on job progress or as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- Pre-outage and installation planning; possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures
- Lead execution of retrofit projects, including: Excitation systems (EX2100 EX2100e, LS2100, LS2100e and HMI products), Generator Protection Systems (GPP), and Power System Stabilization systems
- Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues
- Provide timely and accurate internal and external reports
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Support the business growth initiatives
- Trace through the software documentation
- Implement control constant modifications
- Reading and modifying software sequencing
- Set up and modify the hardware and software associated with the Gas/Steam Turbine Excitation / LCI system
- Implement excitation control system software changes
- Work with both analog and digital controls including logic
- Provide Technical Direction for writing install and terminate, complete functionality checks, and troubleshooting the turbine excitation / LCI system. Perform start-up/shut-down sequencing and turbine/generator operation
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization's core values.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Strong technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams.
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
- English proficiency required.
- Experience in Field Services or Power Generation.
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience and training on Alstom, Siemens, GE Aeroderivative, or other OEM equipment
- Computer skills with familiarity of MS Office products. Ability to learn other software tool applications to support HMI and application changes.
- Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills with a "Hands-on approach."
- Willingness to learn and problem solve
- Strong ownership and work ethic
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Extensive training opportunities and mentorship
- Classroom and virtual trainings
- Regional and Global exposure
- Working on multimillion dollar equipment
- Wide range of caree path opportunities
- LEAN training
- Learning and developing communication skills
Compensation and Benefits: The annual salary range for this position is $63,200 to $108,800. This is an exempt from overtime position. FieldCore benefits include insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), retirement savings, health and Wellness reimbursement, and a bonus or incentive program. Eligibility for FieldCore benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable benefits plan.
FieldCore,part of GE Vernova, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation sector. Our team includes more than 10,000 of the foremost experts in field services all focused on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. Our Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Quality and Inclusion are the foundation of everything we do to empower the people who power the world. For more information visit our website
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law