FIELDCORE SERVICE SOLUTIONS LLC Electrician, ( 23-8403) in Des Moines, Iowa
The Electrician I installs, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical systems, apparatuses, and electrical control components of stationary engines and mechanical device such as gas turbine engines, steam turbines, diesel engines, generators, heat recovery steam generators, gas compressors, air compressors, motors, pumps, chillers, uninterruptible power supply systems and other related device by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose cause of electrical malfunction or failure of operational device such as transformers, motors, relays, switches, control and monitoring devices and takes corrective measures in collaboration with Maintenance Manager / Supervisor.
- Install wire and conduit for newly installed machines and device.
- Terminate wiring to machines and devices, connects cables and wires between machines and device.
- Replace faulty wiring and electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, motors, and position sensing devices.
- Replace electric motor bearings.
- Align, adjust, and calibrate device according to specifications.
- Maintain records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Read dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacity.
- Read meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify proper operation.
- Record maintenance actions taken on work order forms.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Advise maintenance manager / supervisor on inventory of repair parts and supplies and ordering material as needed
- Work with operational staff to test device performance.
- Read and understand technical manuals and system piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance in accordance with technical manual procedures.
- Prepare legible and understandable work orders for required preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Read, understand, and comply with all plant safety and regulatory procedures.
- Comply with all the EHS policies and procedures as adopted and implemented at plant site.
- Understand OHandS risks / hazards and environmental / legislative aspect / impacts related to work activities.
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- Travel may be required
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization's core values.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or Associate Engineering Degree in Electrical Technology and/or 3 years of experience in Combined Cycle Power Plants / Petro-Chemical industries
- Quick learner, good attitude, skills, and ambition
- Basic skills training with knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of the organization.
- Good electrical / mechanical aptitude and experience utilizing hand held and power tools including standard meters, scopes, and electrical troubleshooting equipment.
- Experience in a hands-on electrical position in an industrial environment highly desired.
- Knowledge of electricity, electric motors, code a major plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- In-depth safety training a major plus
Compensation and Benefits: The hourly wage range for this position is $22.40 to $38.08. Employees may be eligible for overtime. FieldCore benefits include insurance (medical, den al, vision, disability, and life), retirement savings, health and Wellness reimbursement, and a bonus or incentive program. Eligibility for FieldCore benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable benefits plan.
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil and gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website .
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law