TERRACON INC Exploration Team Member/Drilling/Heavy Equipment Operator Apprentice in DES MOINES, Iowa
Job Description Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Unlike lawn, landscaping, snow plowing or construction jobs, our work is not seasonal. We provide year-round work opportunity.
- This is an entry level position designed to train the individual in the various aspects of becoming a drilling/exploration team member including equipment maintenance (i.e. augers, bits, etc.), equipment operation, basic survey and leveling equipment, and a general knowledge of reading civil plans.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Trained in duties pertaining to test borings, intermediate to advanced in-ground soil and rock testing methods, and/or installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Acts as an assistant to the lead operator to help perform routine exploration tasks.
- Drives medium duty trucks to various job sites.
Why come to Terracon:
- Long term career development
- Grow into a team leader and be responsible for your crew and equipment
- Paid training opportunities
- Employee ownership
- "Safety first" focus
- Be able to work across the region and country with per diem while traveling
Requirements: * High school diploma or equivalent. * Limited or no experience required. * Willingness to travel. * Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history. * Ability to obtain Medical Card within first 30 days of employment * Ability to work in adverse weather conditions Salary: $22 to $25 per hour + overtime, commensurate with experience/certifications About Terracon Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon's growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace. Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs. EEO Statement Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.