ZIEGLER INC Field Service Technician - Electrical Testing in DES MOINES, Iowa
Ziegler CAT has an opening for a full-time, experienced Electrical Services Field Technician to work on electrical control and distribution equipment. We are looking for someone with excellent electrical diagnostic experience to join our rapidly growing electrical services business that is a part of our well-known electrical power generation division.
Provide excellent customer service while testing, maintaining and repairing LV and MV electrical equipment at the customer\'s site
Equipment includes: Transfer switches, switchgear, circuit breakers and both solid state and microprocessor-based relays
Communicate job progress with supervisor and customer
Maintain good records while completing service reports
- Associatesdegree from a two-year community or technical college with an emphasis in electric power or similar experience and training from the military, for example: Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or Navy Seabee
- 2+ years of experience with motors, breakers, starters, switch gear and PLC controls
- Knowledge of electrical theory and best practices for testing, troubleshooting and maintaining electrical equipment
- Possesses the ability to diagnose all equipment without supervision; is also able to read, follow, understand, and communicate schematics.
- Personal characteristics: Desire to provide outstanding, professional customer service, strong attention to detail, excellent problem solver, committed, and possesses written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Basic computer skills, experience with PowerDB a plus
- Own mechanic tool set
- Clean driving record
- Class A CDL or willingness to obtain one within a defined period of time
- Obtain a DOT medical certification card
- Pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Additional background screening may be required to comply with our customers site requirements
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull up to 50 lbs
- Lift/carry up to 60 lbs
- Lift bulky objects
- Standing, walking, using hands, talking, hearing, neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, ladder climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, supine overhead reaching, crawling, bin lift, high steps, fingering/grasping - able to use bolt box.
- Working Conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission dealing with discrimination, or any other protected class status.
For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights and protections, click here.
For information about your Family and Medical Leave Act rights, click here, and for information about the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, click here.
For information about Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.