Siemens Industrial Painter in Des Moines, Iowa
Job Family: Manufacturing
Req ID: 335502
Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire a Paint Technician to be responsible for operating or monitoring painting machines to paint surfaces of equipment (rail gears/motor casings). We are responsible for making sure that standards are met and may need to work directly with supervisors or engineers to resolve any production issues.
• Mix paints to match specifications, stirring or thinning paints, using spatulas or power mixing equipment.
• Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner.
• Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from vehicle surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks or sandblasters.
• Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and finish coatings.
• Monitor painting operations to identify flaws, such as blisters or streaks, and correct their causes.
• Remove accessories from equipment and mask surfaces with tape or paper to protect them from paint as required.
• Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers or power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths.
• Select the appropriate spray gun system for the material being applied.
• Clean up working areas and inventory tools.
• Conduct 6S audits and safety walks.
• Mix ingredients to create specific finishes and apply protective coatings or finishes to work-pieces or products.
• Select and load production input materials. Monitor equipment operation to ensure that products are not flawed.
• Adjust and inspect equipment controls to regulate flow of production materials or products.
• Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
• Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data or process information.
• Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
• Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things using established standards and safety.
• Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, cranes, and hoist.
• Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Knowledge, Skills, And Education:
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English (read, speak, write)
• Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Knowledge of product, workmanship standards, and assembly procedures.
• Basic knowledge of computer software applications.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Knowledge of machines, power tools, and hand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and operator level maintenance. This will include exhaust units, respirators, robotic paint equipment, cranes and hoist equipment
• Lean Manufacturing – Knowledge of basic lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
• HS diploma or equivalent required
• Must be able to successfully pass a basic painting skills test.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
Competitive total rewards package.
Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .
- Siemens Jobs