UnityPoint Health Inventory Analyst-Pharmacy-Lutheran in Des Moines, Iowa
The Inventory Analyst supports the delivery of pharmacy services by maintaining sufficient supplies of medications to meet customer needs in a timely manner. Responsibilities include analysis of inventory levels and turnover, contract compliance, medication shortages, and ongoing communication to the Pharmacy management team.
Maintains necessary supply levels through monitoring and adjusting inventory levels based on usage and availability
Receives shipment of orders from wholesaler and direct purchases. Checks shipment with invoice, checking expiration dates, and rotating stock
Collaborates with suppliers to minimize interruptions in service and supply shortages
Communicates information about supply availability and changes to the department and customers
Returns outdated, broken or unusable product for credit
Maximizes contract compliance by purchasing items identified on group purchasing contracts or portfolios
Prepares reports for Pharmacy management team to provide purchasing information as needed.
Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
Auditing 340B purchases per policies
Maintaining 340B records
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Must be high school graduate or equivalent
· Must be able to proficiently read, write and speak English.
· Must type accurately and with moderate speed.
· Minimum of one year of college with an Associate Degree preferred or two years of experience in pharmacy supply management, purchasing, or materials management data entry functions
· Training in a hospital pharmacy desirable.
· Experience as pharmacy technician is required
· Ability to work with computer systems required
· A minimum of two years of experience as a hospital or retail purchasing assistant or progressive experience in a hospital purchasing area is preferred.
· Experience with the 340B program is preferred.
· Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy within 30 days of employment
· Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or other accredited pharmacy technician certification program must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
· Must maintain a current Iowa Pharmacy Technician and be in good standing with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy Examiners
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2019-61194
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $16.39/Hr.
Name: Pharmacy- Luth
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 7 to 3:30 monday through friday
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org