Robert Half International Java Developer in Des Moines, Iowa
Analyze business application requirements for functional areas and design, test, and debug software applications. Additional responsibilities include system changes and enhancements, standard business tools technical support for operation improvements, documenting application specifications, and training users. This individual will use software development best practices and ensure that uniform enterprise-wide application design and coding standards are followed.
• Supports existing applications and projects by responding to incidents, problems, and service requests.
• Manages administrative tasks related to the position of Application Developer.
• Manages departmental internal controls and regulatory issues.
• Proposes changes to methodologies, procedures, and software development lifecycle to ensure continuous improvement.
• Mentors and supports junior developers in the design and construction of software solutions.
• Works with business partners directly to ensure solution requirements and quality are addressed as soon as possible in the development cycle.
• Ensures that any solution development assigned is documented and communicated well to other members of the IT team.
• Provides leadership on various application development initiatives.
• Works with the business areas to gain a strong understanding of the product line you are assigned to support.
• Provides tactical support for project management as assigned.
• Maintains existing enterprise applications using bank preferred technologies.
• Provides application analysis and support for vendor developed applications.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns, application architecture, and software development lifecycle.
• Experience with automated test, build, and integration techniques.
• Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, log4j, JUnit, Mockito.
• Experience with version control tools such as Git and TFS.
• Experience in development teams using automation associated with continuous integration, deployment, and release management, and experience with automation tools like Jenkins.
• Experience with Agile methodologies and principles.
• Knowledge of developing visualizations.
• Excellent data-oriented design principles.
• Knowledge of reporting and analytics using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Strong verbal and written communications skills that promote effective working relationships in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to decompose complex problems, troubleshoot issues, and communicate solutions to the team and other stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
• Ability to positively engage, self-motivate,d and possess a strong desire to learn.
• Ability to complete tasks on set budgetary parameters and targets
Core Java, J2EE - Java 2 Enterprise Edition, Hibernate Spring, Java Spring, Spring Batch, Microservices, API Development, Hibernate
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: Des Moines, IA
Date Posted: February 15, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01500-0011705002
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs