ANAWIM HOUSING Leasing Agent in Des Moines, Iowa
ALLTERRA PROPERTY SOLUTIONS
Allterra Property Solutions was formed in 2016 and currently provide management services for over 1,100 units across Des Moines. We provide turn-key and al a carte property management of market rate, affordable and student housing along with commercial properties for third party owners.
Anawim Housing is the largest provider of permanent supportive housing in the State of Iowa, managing over 260 housing units. Our Permanent Supportive Housing programs service individuals and families who have experienced homelessness and might also live with mental illness, substance use disorder or a physical disability. For over 30 years, Anawim Housing has been a leader of providing affordable housing in Des Moines. We believe that all people, despite their economic status, should experience the benefits of a home. If you agree, and want to work in an exciting employee driven culture that values work/life balance, consider joining our team.
The Leasing Agent will show apartments to potential renters, lease apartments to qualified applicants, renew leases with current tenants and perform administrative duties concerning the properties as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Warmly greets visitors, prospective renters, and current residents.
- Responds to all rental inquiries within 48 hours of receipt.
- Maintains database of all prospective tenants; including contact dates and action steps performed to secure the prospect.
- Provides potential tenants with required paperwork, information, and tours of facilities and available units.
- Consults with prospective tenants to identify requirements and budgets, then matches these needs with available properties.
- Ensures available apartments are maintained in a show ready state.
- Conducts background and credit checks and verifies other references as directed by Senior Compliance Manager, including receipt of required documents for qualifications per asset.
- Provides completed rental application and paperwork to the appropriate Property Manager for final review and screening.
- Prepares leases for Property Managers review and approval; obtains signatures from management and tenants.
- Coordinates move-in dates, materials, and processes.
- Prepares move-in materials.
- Creates, develops, and maintains a wait list as needed.
- Tours property daily to ensure it is neat, tidy, attractive, and in good repair.
- Assists with recordkeeping, filing, bookkeeping, and paperwork as required.
- Works with marketing and property management to develop and maintain a list of promotions and discounts.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to attract renters.
- Interacts with tenants throughout tenancy to retain occupancy upon renewal.
- Performs pre-move out inspection with tenant once a notice to vacate is received.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assures all work performed is done in accordance with OSHA safety standards and those established by Anawim Housing.
- Assures that all work performed meets Allterra Property Managements standards for customer service, accuracy, quality and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, vendors, clients and members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Real estate sales license preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Outgoing, friendly attitude and ability to make others feel welcome and comfortable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communic tion skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and App Folio Management or related software.
- Valid drivers license, personal vehicle, car insurance and a good driving record.