Work in Iowa Energy Jobs

Job Information

Elder Corporation Lowboy Driver - 8 Axel in Des Moines, Iowa

General Info

Job Type: Full-Time

Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 Years

Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED

Company Info

Elder Corporation is a family owned company. We are a diversified earth-moving and utility contractor who values long term employee relationships. We offer union benefits at NO COST TO YOU (medical, dental, vision and pension)!

Job Description

The Lowboy Truck Driver is responsible for operating a truck & trailer for transportation of construction material and equipment. In this position, the Driver will load construction equipment (may include but are not limited to: front end loader, crusher equipment, fuel tanks, dozer, excavator, oversized loads) onto trailer and transport to various construction sites. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. This is a specialized lowboy position. This driver will operate a 4-axel trailer 75% of the time. The other 25% will be with an oversized 8 axel trailer moving larger equipment.

Minimum Qualifications:

· Experienced drivers for tractor/trailer with a Class A CDL required, with a good driving record

· Hazmat and Tanker endorsement a plus but not required

· Be willing to travel and work away from home when required

· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary

· Report to work at the designated start time

· Be able to work overtime when required

· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold

· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA, MSHA and/or company policy

· Great attention to detail and stress tolerance.

Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen. Elder Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women an minorities are encouraged to apply.