Mediacom Manager, Headend in Des Moines, Iowa
Location Des Moines, IA - (CC) Capital
Working Hours Monday - Friday 8AM to 5PM CST, additional hours as needed
Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=16532)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Primarily Responsible for monitoring and dispatching Headend Tech activity, following through on outage related instances, tracking alarms, ensuring maintenance is performed in the maintenance window and ensuring the workforce is acting efficiently to reduce overtime. Ensure Headends are maintained properly and other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: • Monitor OFCS to ensure Headend techs build jobs for what they are doing, routing their work and status properly • Build efficiency into the Head End Tech’s day, reduce overtime and review schedules for optimization of labor expenses• Ensure work is performed in the maintenance window
• Build automation into repetitive functions
• Investigate all headend alarms and follow up as needed
• Investigate all headend outages and follow up as needed.• Review all Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual tests are completed on time and follow up on failures. Specifically track and review generator/UPS maintenance and failover testing.
• Ensure needed equipment is ordered in timely
• Coordinate with warehouse shipping equipment
• assist in equipment assigned in proper working order including regular calibration, repair, adjustment and alignment. • Maintains security, including security and alarm systems, of facilities in accordance with policy.
• Assist with training Headend Techs
• Travel 25% of the time (one week per month) to Headends for inspection of logs, maintenances and levels compliance. Travel will also be required to assist with special projects as needed, up to and including areas affected by storm related events.
Other duties as assigned
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: • 8 years Cable Television or Telecommunications Technical Experience with at least 3 years as an Advance Technician or equivalent.• High school diploma or GED required. Trade school training preferred.• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.• Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various work order forms provided by the Company.• Ability to interact with customers and co-workers; ability to communicate verbally.• Good written and oral communication skills.• Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.• Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Very strong computer skills
Location of position: Westown office in West Des Moines, IA
Mediacom endeavors to make mediacomcable.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact email@example.com or dial 845-443-2408 . Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.
Back (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/searchResults?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46) Share
- Apply Now (https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=16532)