UnityPoint Health Manager Marketing Communications in Des Moines, Iowa
The Marketing & Communications Manager leads, influences and mentors a team of Marketing & Communications Business Partners that support key business areas and closely collaborates with peers and leaders to foster coordinated communication, engagement and results. The ideal candidate is enterprise minded and performance and implementation oriented.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Strategic Partnership, Consultation and Planning
· Leads team of Marketing & Communications Business Partners in developing, executing and managing marketing and communications plans to support strategic priorities and special projects for key business areas within the organization
· Accountable for the marketing and communications planning process between business partners and their respective business area leaders and teams
· Establishes and maintains high standards for planning, service and quality to ensure professional work product and results that achieve business goals are consistently met
· Expand business partner capabilities to build credibility and elevate the reputation of the team
· Establishes and manages expectations for how business partners and cross-functional team members will effectively collaborate on and contribute to plan development and execution
· Coaches team and individual members on developing effective marketing and communications strategies that address business needs and goals
· Ensures team is aware of the strategic landscape of the organization and makes connections between business priorities that may influence the work of the team
· Works with Business Partners and Content Manager to ensure content is scheduled for publication appropriately so internal and external audiences receive the right information at the right time through the right channels
· Actively engaged in initiatives and special projects supporting organizational priorities across all key business areas
· Engages with business partners and/or business area leaders as necessary to consult on strategic priorities.
· Regularly assesses progress toward team and business goals, and adjusts plans as needed to ensure goals are achieved.
· Responsible for hiring, interviewing and selecting staff
· Responsible for completing the annual evaluations as well as monitoring team members development and monitoring performance.
· Serves as member of the System Services Marketing & Communications management team
· Works in close collaboration with the Executive Director of Marketing and Executive Director of Brand Management to ensure alignment of individual business area initiatives and projects to the organization’s broader strategic landscape
· Works in close collaboration with the Director of Corporate Communication for the Ambulatory Division regarding current and future strategic priorities related to clinical care delivery, and partners together in a dyad relationship to support key groups, initiatives and special projects as necessary
· Leads business partner team meetings and holds individual team member meetings regularly
· Provides regular status updates to leaders and team
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business or related field
5-7 years of experience in marketing, corporate communications, internal communications or account service.
Team management experience.
Experience in healthcare industry, or experience in account management/supervision with a marketing agency
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Proven leadership ability with track record of leading and developing a team of direct reports.
· Knowledge of healthcare industry and the organization
· Highly knowledgeable about current and developing trends in marketing, brand and communication
· Excellent writing/editing, verbal and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
· Proven ability to shape messaging both creatively and strategically
· Knowledge of current marketing and communications trends and techniques
· Proven ability to build strong relationships with business leaders
· Possess consultative “client service” skills and a demonstrated ability to work with senior management to analyze problems, recommend appropriate communication solutions and facilitate more informed decisions
· Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with all levels and types of staff
· Proven results leading a team
· Create and maintain effective working relationships
· Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
· Track record of professional accomplishments which demonstrate superior performance, leadership and vision
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-116096
Street: 6100 Thornton Ave
Name: 9010 Administration
Name: Creative Services
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org