Lumen Manager Solution Architecture in Des Moines, Iowa
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s Solution Architecture team provides pre-sales technical support to Lumen’s sellers of all Business Solutions products. This role is specifically to
manage the Solution Architecture team for the Central Region Public Sector SLED (state, local and education) market. As the Manager, you’ll manage a
team consisting of technical experts who provide customer facing and internal in-depth presales technical support for Lumen’s solution platform of
Connected Security, Edge Cloud, Adaptive Networking and Communication/Collaboration
The Main Responsibilities
• Build a high-performance team, hire and retain the right talent in the right roles, set goals, delegate work, hold reports accountable, and develop and
empower direct reports to make decisions and take action
• Provide the first-level of supervision to a staff of Solution Engineers and Solution Architects to provide timely, accurate and complete customer
solution designs, presentations, and order documentation
• Demonstrate Company’s values, maintain a positive open demeanor, encourage different points of view, move team forward through change, provide
timely information, communicate context for business decisions, recognize accomplishments and foster teamwork and collaboration
• Develop and ensure attainment of new sales and margin growth for strategic accounts which contribute to the company’s bottom line through
increasing revenue to meet or exceed company revenue and market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Develop and implement long-term product strategy with sales management to ensure existing and potential customers are provided with options and
enhancements to their existing network
• Influence process improvement initiatives by removing barriers, and modifying or enhancing current processes
• Support sales acquisition of new customers, and help increase account penetration into the existing customer base by supporting the team to deliver
innovative and creative technical design, and represent the company solutions to prospects
• Establish and control expenses and operating budget by participation in the planning process and maintenance of approved plan and budget; and
oversee and participate in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives and recommends programs to control and correct budget overruns.
• Provide technical guidance to Solution Engineers/Architects as well as internal and external customers as needed in the development and
implementation of technical customer solutions and removes barriers to enhance the customer experience
• Develop and implement strategies and plans with sales management to recapture business lost due to the company's service limitations, network
quality, tariff, and/or pricing issues
• Ensure that the company and customers are provided the best technical sales support and expertise from the team
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 7+ years of sales engineering experience
• Overall knowledge of internal network and competitive voice, data, internet applications, and technologies is required
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes
• Exceptional strategic planning and account management skills are requiredDeep and wide technical knowledge around product life cycle (from engineering through operations)
• In-depth knowledge of technical terminology related to company products and services
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build relationships with C-level executives
• Experience in consultative sales techniques and account planning
• A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals
• Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to travel as needed (Approx. 25%)
• Security clearance may be required
• Prefer working knowledge of communications equipment such as PBX’s, Routers, CSU/DSU’s, Data Switches, etc
• Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in a related field
• Relevant managerial experience preferred.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 270092
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs