Sirius Computer Solutions Microsoft Data Platform Solutions Architect - Analytics (Hybrid Pre-Sales) in Des Moines, Iowa
Requisition Number J18-0093
Title Microsoft Data Platform Solutions Architect - Analytics (Hybrid Pre-Sales)
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
We are looking for a hybrid Microsoft Data Platform Solutions Architect to join our Big Data & Analytics team. This is a full-time benefited role that can require overnight travel an average of 40-60%.
This position has primary responsibility as a technical leader in Microsoft Data Platform Solutions including SQL Server solutions, PowerBI, and Azure. This is an architect position for a Solution Services Program while also serving as a technical pre-sales resource to Sirius sales teams in support of our clients. This position assists in the delivery of strategy, POCs, and POVs to our customers in the areas of Microsoft Data Platform Solutions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate conversational expertise in the areas of Microsoft Data Platform capabilities.
• Demonstrate to clients and prospects how databases, analytics, and business intelligence work together to speed development and manage data on an integrated and consistent platform, on-premises and in the cloud.
• Collaborate with clients, including Line of Business and IT, and with Sirius teams to identify high level business requirements and map requirements to solution capabilities.
• Provide solution architecture design and implementation, as well as lead solution development and delivery of Microsoft solutions, including with SQL Server, PowerBI and Azure.
• Provide lead support to field sales for Software and Services opportunities in the Microsoft Data Platform area.
• Work with Sirius development teams to create work effort estimates to support Statement of Work creation, and effectively present/communicate proposals to client.
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least seven (7) years’ IT work experience, to include experience in a Lead Developer, Solution Architect, or similar role
• Experience with Microsoft Data Platform Solutions including with PowerBI, SQLServer, and Azure
Other Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and collaborate with Line of Business personnel, IT, and other stakeholders to determine needs
• Demonstrated experience contributing to an overarching solution strategy by identifying how proposed architecture, capabilities, and functionality support the client’s business objectives
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability with developing strategies and driving end user adoption of solutions
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with clients in a professional manner
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• User Experience and certification in Microsoft Data Platform solutions
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.