Veritas Principal Software Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business. Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only do but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly energetic engineers to define develop and drive the next gen offerings for our customers.
This position is for Principal Software Engineer who will lead feature development in a team of skilled engineers developing world-class data protection products used by enterprise customers for their mission critical workloads. In this this role, your main responsibilities include
- Design and develop highly scalable, high performance and fault tolerant enterprise storage/data protection solutions using the latest technologies
- Lead design and development activities with Kubernetes /OpenShift team member(s), and other stakeholders
- Drive daily progress, backlog grooming, Release/Sprint planning, Sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Guide and help the team with triaging of issues reported by internal testing team and participates in discussing and implementing high-quality solutions in a timely and efficient manner
- Own product quality and overall customer experience.
- Propose technical solutions to product/service problems while refining, designing and implementing software components in line with technical requirements.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Minimum Required Skills include:
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience in developing enterprise products with Python/Go/RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience in developing Kubernetes custom controllers/operators and working knowledge of k8s orchestration platforms - OpenShift/Tanzu/GKE/EKS/AKS
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong focus on knowledge and application of industry standard SDLC process including design, coding, debugging, and testing practices for large enterprise grade products is absolute must
- Designs, develops and maintains high quality code for product components, focusing on implementation.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns
- Proficient in API fundamentals and best practices
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
Desired Skills include:
- Experience in developing CNI/CSI plugins/drivers’ development
- Experience with DevOps and tools (Prometheus, EFK, Helm, Red Hat Registry, Tiller, etc) related to Container technology
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
- Extra credit for experience with cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design architectures, service mesh
Extra credit for Open-Source Contributions: active participation in CNCF SIGs, upstream contributions to K8S
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .
- Veritas Jobs