MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS INC Procurement Category Manager - Software in DES MOINES, Iowa
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we live up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer by building the best possible technologies across every part of our safety and security ecosystem. That's mission-critical communications devices and networks, AI-powered video security and access control and the ability to unite voice, video and data in a single command center view. We're solving for safer by connecting public safety agencies and enterprises, enabling the collaboration that's critical to connect those in need with those who can help. The work we do here matters.
Department OverviewThe Supply Chain and Procurement organization is a fast-paced and dynamic environment, delivering best-in-class communications equipment and solutions for customers around the world. Our purpose is to deliver exceptional value and customer experience through agility, speed, and collaboration. We plan what products and services are needed, source efficiently and ethically from a diverse supply base, launch new products, make and deliver solutions on time, and exceed customer expectations through outstanding quality, service and support. We are a central point in our efforts to bring value and lead technology innovation. The Procurement team is moving beyond traditional sourcing goals to create value for the enterprise by improving profitability, increasing supplier collaboration, and supporting new solution development. We are a client focused team designed to bring value and help lead innovations within the enterprise.Job Description
This role provides essential procurement and supplier expertise in the areas of strategic sourcing and category management with strong commercial and contractual experience with a high focus on Software. This role will deliver high quality, innovative and proven cost-effective methodologies to support company and department objectives. This role will interface and foster a collaborative environment with cross functional teams. This role requires exceptional verbal and written communication, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Lead and execute long term agreements through formal RFx methodologies.
- Analyze spend data and industry dynamics to identify, prioritize, and launch sourcing initiatives.
- Identify value/ savings opportunities, processes, and best practices.
- Establish positive relationships across the business units to ensure active and early participation in supplier related matters.
- Lead negotiations in both financial and business matters, including commercial terms and risk mitigation for strategic contracts
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to understand requirements, budgets and current gaps and challenges to develop best strategic sourcing strategies.
- Support strategic sourcing best practices including driving supplier segmentation, scorecards, and facilitating strategic business reviews in collaboration with business partners.
- Lead supplier contract renewals and leverage competitive pricing, quality and customer service.
- Develop strategic relationships with existing or new key suppliers and ensure appropriate engagement levels exist to drive partnership objectives.
- Identify process improvements to increase efficiencies and maximize spend opportunity.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on business initiatives and procurement strategies.
- Developing relationships with senior leadership.
- Providing subject matter expertise on complex purchasing, legal and contractual issues.
- Performing supplier relationship management and reviews.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience is helpful in the areas such as IT, Professional Services (such as solution archite ture, network design, integration and deployment), Software, SaaS applications and/or emerging technologies.
- Strong experience managing complex strategic sourcing projects and RFx process
- Contract negotiations without much legal guidance.
- Proven track record of identifying cost reduction opportunities and driving significant, tangible financial benefit to the business
- Ability to support large/complex supplier deals potentially including Software, and Services integrated solutions with customer flow down requirements
- Ability to interact with and present up to Director/VP Levels.
- Core analytic skills to independently dive into an unclear area and make sense of it. Financial modeling experience is an asset.
- Any of the following certifications is a plus: Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM), Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute.
The base salary range for this role in Colorado is $86,500-$173,000
This is a remote position open to candidates across the United States with a preference for central US time zones.
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of procurement, category management, or supply chain experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%Relocation ProvidedNonePosition TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Visionbenefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- GenerousPaidTime Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- PaidParental and Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.