Cumuls Broadcasting Promotions Manager in Des Moines, Iowa
Cumulus Media | Des Moines, IA* is looking for an experienced *Promotions Manager to coordinate and implement on and off-air promotions and events in order to promote the stations’ image and presence in the marketplace to our primary demographic while maintaining a winning onsite image. This position requires a high degree of organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, a personal disposition that works well with creative co-workers in both programming and sales and most importantly, a passion for radio.
*_Who We Are:_ *
Cumulus Des Moines currently features 5 brands serving the Des Moines metro area. Today’s Country Leader Nash-FM 97.3 KHKI. Today’s Best, Past and Present 92.5 KJJY. Classic Rock 95 KGGO. Classic Hip-Hop 98.3 The Vibe, and All-sports 1700 The Champ.We reach hundreds of thousands of listeners on a weekly basis. At Cumulus Des Moines we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive our evolving, diverse culture to it's fullest potential.
Across the nation, Cumulus Media owns and operates over 450 radio stations in 87 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee.
- Create and execute promotional events and contests within departmental budget
- Negotiate and purchase collateral and other promotional items in cooperation with Market Manager
- Develop strategic relationships with entertainment and event venues to benefit the stations
- Work with local charities to the mutual benefit of the community, the charity and the stations
- Provide regular coaching and performance feedback to promotions staff
- Coordinate and draft all sales and station promotions from conception to facilitation
- Create and direct contests, giveaways and on-site events and appearances including paid client events and charity endeavors
- Oversee the operation and creation of station websites, social media channels and other listener-facing engagement
- Attend sales meetings and host weekly promotions meeting to ensure companywide transparent communication and solutions/opportunities
- Work with Account Executives and General Sales Manager to build attractive, integrated solutions proposals to achieve annual goals and incremental growth
- Collaborate with all departments to create compelling recommendations for clients that speak to their needs
- Oversee day to day operations of Digital & Promotions Departments to produce top notch content and audience engagement
- Effectively lead multi-platform campaigns that focus on all channels of Cumulus Des Moines; on air, on the streets, mobile, social, and digital
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Understanding of stations’ programming strategies
- Graphic design skills and proficiency in Photoshop, Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Promo Suite, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management and staff across departments
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- Must possess valid state driver’s license* *
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays based on station events
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Fun and interesting work environment at top-performing media outlet
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please click or visit https://cumulus.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1055153&&cust_sort1=-1job
For more information about Cumulus Media, LLC, visit our website at: https://www.cumulus.com
Cumulus Media, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Location: Des Moines, IA