Compressor Controls Corporation Regional Sales Manager - Americas in Des Moines, Iowa
CCC - HQ
Des Moines, IA, USA
The RSM is responsible for growing market share, increasing pipeline, winning orders, and providing outstanding customer support in the region.
RSMs will be expected to direct coordination with the functional leaders to accomplish the stated regional goals. RSMs will be responsible for coaching and mentoring of the Sales Team, providing input on the business operation to help strengthen relationships with current accounts, develop new accounts and distribution channels, and promote the sales of all CCC offerings. The RSM will be expected to develop overall region business plan and provide necessary guidance to respective sales team in developing and executing on their respective territories business plans.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will exhibit genuine interest in solving work problems through proactively asking questions, clearly communicating and collaborating both internally and externally to grow the business. In addition, the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for understanding our competition and customers and showing initiative to learn and continuously improve company offerings and processes.
Greenfield: Facilitate End User Influence and support from Functional Design Specification trough pre-FEED all the way to project commissioning and throughout the warranty period.
Brownfield: Influence and support customers throughout the lifecycle of their assets. This will be achieved by retrofitting assets without CCC control systems, providing easy migration/upgrades, and demonstrating the capability to solve specific customer business problems.
Lifecycle Management (LCM): Expand our relationship with customers beyond the typical spare parts and opportunistic service opportunity by deploying LCM programs and dedicating a team whose only goal in life is to provide unparalleled customer support. This will be achieved by executing regional LCM growth campaigns through Customer Support Managers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish quarterly/yearly bookings plans by Account and Account Manager.
- Manage a robust forecasting process with a regular follow-up cadence.
- Ensure customer contacts, accounts, opportunities, call reports and equipment records are added and maintained in CRM.
- Plan and schedule the team workload and account management activities.
- Develop long-range goals and objectives for the strategic growth of the territory and accounts - Actively manage commercial, technical, legal, compliance and execution risk in every transaction.
- Ensures that end user Equipment records are collected and maintained.
- Mentor and develop team members
- Support respective sales team in developing and executing on their respective territories business plans.
- Ensure that Account Managers utilize Diagnostic Selling and have a Strategic Account Management strategy
- Strengthen relationships with existing accounts and develop new accounts to enable growth
- Ensure that policies, practices and procedures are followed.
- Delegate functions to team, regularly measure performance of assigned functions and report results in accordance with required deadlines.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Actively participates in company and region initiatives
- Provide the necessary support to SDP objectives and goals
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Regional Pipeline Growth.
- Achievement of monthly/quarterly/annual bookings targets.
- Marketing campaign and new product launch support.
- Account Planning: Ensures account managers achieve strategic account and overall territory plan objectives and Action Plans as defined.
- On-time quotations and customer follow-up.
- Meetings with customers (face to face or remotely)
- Controlling cost of sales relative to business potential
- Maintain and report accurate sales forecasting
- Ensures development plans are in place for direct reports and that they complete all required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Conducts weekly meetings with direct reports to ensure action is being taken on the above KPIs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Engineering required, MBA Preferred
- 5+ years of experience with compressor and control systems.
- 3+ years of experience supervising a sales region or territory
- 2+ years of experience developing staff
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A high level of business and commercial acumen
- Proven ability to mobilize internal and external resources to meet strategic goals
- Engineering expertise with rotating equipment, oil & gas process or instrumentation and controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of turbomachinery industry.
- Proven skillset of planning, budgeting, forecasting and other management tools for business direction.
- Proven record of success in sales and after-sales support.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent communication skills.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequent domestic and international travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to manipulate computer input devices, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must have sufficient mobility to enable travel to industrial sites, offices, and facilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: February 9, 2021