ICON Clinical Research Senior Auditor, QA in Des Moines, Iowa
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
Senior Auditor, QA- Can be remote- Central or Eastern Time Zones
Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centre on Integrity, Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Own IT@ICON
• Perform tasks relevant to the assigned Quality & Compliance function which may include but not limited to conducting contracted/billable internal and vendor audits, documentation review and CAPA management.
•Conduct departmental and ICON staff training regarding ICON's quality system, Q&C tasks & processes, applicable standards, regulations; mentor new or developing Q&C staff as assigned, including providing constructive and effective feedback to trainees regarding skill capabilities during training.
• Escalate quality and compliance issues to Q&C Line Management and relevant ICON functions as appropriate.
• Liaise with clients and operational staff on quality aspects (related to billable audits) which may include attendance at meetings, oral presentations and audits.
• Assist with business development activities, including the preparation of contracted audit cost proposals/contracts, and attend marketing presentation, when appropriate.
• Have a thorough knowledge of all relevant SOPs, with ICH-GCP and relevant regulations and guidelines.
• Understand key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
• Assume additional responsibilities, which are directed by the Q&C Manager or higher.
• Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centre around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
• If required, support case management processes including potential serious breaches, risk cases and suspected scientific misconduct cases.
• As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Travel (up to 35%) domestic and/or international, on occasion and this may increase based on business needs.
• Other duties as assigned. Depending on Q&C function, an Auditor may be requested to complete all/some of the responsibilities listed below under each heading as needed.
• Plan and conduct regular billable/contracted internal audits, study/project audits (including standalone work), for cause audits, vendor and sub-contractor audits.
•Report the results of the audit and any relevant findings and track them into the ICON systems as requested.
• Review audit responses by the auditees. Follow up all outstanding replies and escalate issues to the relevant management for action.
• Assist the Q&C management with the development of the internal billable audit schedule.
• Train QA auditors, and provide a standard for auditing to inexperienced or less experienced colleagues.
• Operates under moderate supervision and direction and makes decisions frequently that have a direct impact upon the local external and internal audit schedule and the resource allocation for audits within the local department.
• Ensure that the ICON’s QMS/ tracking system is updated with the appropriate information and documentation.
• Follow-up of CAPA plans to ensure actions are completed on time and the evidences available are adequate.
• Determine effectiveness check requirements for responsible CAPA, define the effectiveness check plan, track and complete the effectiveness checks as required, determine the outcome and inform operations and Q&C management accordingly.
• Assist with the review of effectiveness check plans and effectiveness check outcomes for more junior QA auditors.
• Assist Q&C Management / Director with oversight of open CAPAs (billable audits), trending and analysis of CAPAs and metrics reporting.
What you need :
Minimum of 2 years of Site Audit experience.
Must have Clinical Audit experience.
Medical background (Nursing) or BS degree is preferred.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
ICON Clinical Research
- ICON Clinical Research Jobs