Marriott Senior Director, Growth Opportunities Technology Integrations in Des Moines, Iowa
Job Number 23092965
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
If you’re looking to build leading technology that enables the future of global travel while transforming your career – step out of the status quo and join Global Technology at Marriott International.
As a member of the Enterprise Products team, the Senior Director, Growth Opportunities Technology Integrations will be an integral part of a team responsible for discovery and implementation of Global Technology application and integration capabilities that enable Marriott’s M&A growth opportunities. This Senior Director will work across Global Technology and discipline teams, including external partners, to plan and implement the technical work required for Marriott to expand its brands and partnerships in support of strategic growth targets and becoming the “World’s Favorite Travel Company”.
Education and Required Experience
• 4-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in a technology and business discipline.
• 10+ years in technology, product management and/or business consulting, demonstrating progressive career growth and patterns of exceptional performance.
• Understands and able to discuss technology concepts and build consensus by translating between technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Roadmap strategy and definition experience.
• Demonstrated ability to assess end user/customer needs, creatively approach solutions, and decide and influence appropriate course of action.
• Experience and success in implementing new business applications with complex technology integration and business process change on time, on budget, and with high client satisfaction.
• Direct management of cross functional, sourced and matrixed teams.
• Experience working directly with Architects, Engineers and vendors on product enhancements.
• Experience evaluating trade-offs and leading exploration of new opportunities with technical team members.
• Direct management of complex budgets in excess of $5M in direct and indirect costs.
• Experience building business cases to drive investment and resource decisions.
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity efforts and competing priorities.
• Robust analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, develop recommendations and report out.
• Ability to work through ambiguous and open-ended business requirements and priorities and translate the same into a clear roadmap and definition of success
• Ability to establish clear communication and storytelling via presentations, key performance metrics, reports and data. Strong interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Provide technical leadership to complete discovery, with limited involvement of Global Technology and discipline leads, for Marriott growth opportunities and facilitate solution design, identification of technical work units, estimation of cost and time required to complete technical work units, key assumptions, and open questions.
• In partnership with Engineering, lead and oversee implementation of application/integration development and testing required to enable the growth opportunity. Provide thought leadership on technical designs/approaches and support issue/risk management, financial management, schedule management, and status reporting to stakeholders.
• Facilitate lessons learned from growth opportunity projects to continuously improve and mature the Global Technology application/integration development playbook and its associated deliverable templates.
• Understand how our business and technology needs are evolving and provide insights and recommendations as you partner with key stakeholders to identify short-term solves, bridge strategies, and long-term visions for assigned product(s).
• Gather and detail product requirements from stakeholders across the organization to inform roadmap items; evaluate technical complexity of requirements in order to appropriately prioritize work and manage expectations cross functionally.
• Advocate for the end user by developing a deep understanding of their needs through feedback and research. Collaborate with cross-functional team members to drive value and develop customer friendly features and enhancements.
• Provide direction for the technology development, including cost estimation, budget management, scope and delivery strategy definition, and establish milestones/schedules.
• Work with Sr. Business Analysts/Mgrs to guide them in writing user stories and acceptance test criteria for features and detailed functional & nonfunctional requirements for the engineering teams.
• Partner with solution architects and software engineers to determine best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
• Plan delivery, integration & test, and post-launch support for all the elements required in product delivery and operation working with applicable teams.
• Maintains high performance levels by attracting, developing and retaining talent, managing performance, building career paths, and aligning performance and rewards to company goals.
• Contribute to end user support artifacts/information/collateral development including feature/capability descriptions, end user business value stories, etc.
• Actively drives adoption of Technology operating model changes.
• Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
- Marriott Jobs