ICON Clinical Research Senior Director, Project Management - Oncology in Des Moines, Iowa
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
Senior Director, Project Management - Oncology - US
Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values, which centers on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
• The Senior Director is expected to recognize the importance of and create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Travel (approximately 30%) domestic and/or international
• Line-manage and ensure collaboration within a team of Directors and Project Managers in the planning, execution and governance of projects/portfolios in oncology
• Manage the resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met
• Manage development; provide direction and support, and mentor PMs/PDs and/or their managers as needed
• Provide technical support and guidance (including scope definition, risk identification and mitigation, resource planning, goals and deliverables) to assigned PM staff
• Plan capacity across new/existing PM/PD resources and secure needed resources whilst optimising staff utilisation/recovery
• Keeps Global VP, PM, business sponsors, business-unit leadership and all stake-holders regularly informed of project/program progress, risks and issues through periodic reporting
• Ensure all necessary training is provided to assigned staff to improve their job performance and knowledge
• In conjunction with colleagues and senior management, responsible for setting agenda and developing training philosophy for ICON PM Group, including successful execution throughout the team
• Ensure team alignment with cross-functional leadership goals and company initiatives
• Measure and report PM KPls and lead continuous improvement
• Contribute to the ICON PMO model built on strong teamwork, frequent and transparent inter and intra divisional communication, continuous process improvement, metrics management and global team harmonization
• Act as the key client contact for designated clinical projects/programs, and develop successful relationships with clients to drive increased volume of business. This includes active participation in client operations committee or executive committees as necessary.
• Demonstrate understanding of drug development including planning and delivery for a product (drug asset) through multiple phases of development.
• Other duties as assigned
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
ICON Clinical Research
- ICON Clinical Research Jobs