Veritas Senior Product Manager in Des Moines, Iowa
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
You will be creating and maintaining business goals/strategy and corresponding prioritized roadmaps in order to maximize business value of the product.
- Voice of customer/market and market research
- Identifies industry trends
- Supervises the competitive landscape
- Provides accurate and timely market insights by using all available resources to define the requirements of the market/customer base.
- Gather, analyze, and prioritize inputs from our customers, prospects, partners, analysts and synthesize them into a clear and justifiable business opportunity and set of product requirements that will drive the development of our product vision.
- Identify business opportunity
- Participate in and drive focus groups and feedback sessions.
- Participate in pricing/packaging analysis in collaboration with Pricing & Licensing and GTM teams.
- Participate in competitive assessment on your product/area and collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to identify and address broad industry and technology trends; use this information to help define the overall product strategy.
- Provide tactical support to the business where needed. This can range from supporting customers escalations to sales presentations
- Work with engineering teams to drive requirements into execution plans and provide PM oversight during execution phases.
- Develop great content that is consistent with overall messaging
- Present in an informative and persuasive fashion to both technical and business-oriented audiences
- Demonstrate market thought leadership
- Proven track record in Product Management.
- Experience with product led growth opportunities and strategies
- Understanding the data protection market landscape, vendors, their products, how they relate to each other, and what value they can deliver to the end users.
- Experience with long term retention products, including long term retention to cloud.
- Strong foundation in storage, data protection, containerization, public clouds, and availability technologies.
- 10+ years in software engineering, platform engineering, product management or solutions architecture
- 3+ years of product management experience leading platform or infrastructure teams
- Specific experience with data protection / backup products preferably in the PBBA or integrated appliance space will be preferred.
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com (Ask_HR@Veritas.com) .
- Veritas Jobs