Verint Systems, Inc. Senior Software Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
Senior Software Engineer
Location US-Remote (United States)
Job ID 15961
At Verint, we believe customer engagement is the core of every global brand. Our mission is to help organizations discover opportunities previously only scarcely imagined by connecting work, data, and experiences enterprise wide. We hire innovators with the passion, creativity, and drive to answer constantly shifting market challenges and deliver impactful results for our customers. Our commitment to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, and engaged team creates a collaborative environment that openly celebrates all cultures and affords personal and professional growth opportunities. Learn more at www.verint.com.
Overview of Job Function:
The Senior Engineer, Software will shape and drive the future of Verint’s WFO platform by building SOA services using open source technologies such as Spring Boot; evangelizing best coding practices & standards across multiple teams and leading cross-features within a global engineering organization.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
• Write reliable, scalable and performant code that customers love
• Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems
• Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design
• Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
• Design and develop sharp looking highly scalable browser based applications
• Provide estimates for tasks and work with Agile development methodology
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related degree.
• 5+ years software development experience
• Ability to explain technical and architectural concepts to both technical and non-technical people
• Experience in working with large databases using MS SQL or any RDBMS
• Comfortable with OOP in Java, Concurrency and Multi-threading, HTTP, RESTful services
• Development experience in Weblogic in Windows environment
• Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, SS Verification, as well as credit and drug screening, where applicable and in accordance with federal and local regulations
• Familiarity with one or more of these:
• Familiarity with Weblogic architecture
• Big Data concepts and NoSql Databases like Cassandra, Redis, or MongoDB
• Microservice architecture and frameworks such as Dropwizard or Spring Boot
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
Verint Systems, Inc.
- Verint Systems, Inc. Jobs