VMware Senior Windows Server Software Engineer – PHP and C# or C++ - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Des Moines, Iowa
Senior Windows Server Software Engineer – PHP and C# or C+ Why You Matter
Our VMWare Carbon Black team is looking for Software Engineers with experience in Windows development, computer security, and development of enterprise-grade server software systems. Ideal candidates have experience with object-oriented programming in C++, databases, and developing software in Visual Studio, and have a passion to create a world class security product. If you love computer security and digging into complex engineering challenges, then you’ll love being a part of our team!
What You'll Do
· Leverage programming experience to drive feature work on the Windows server for the VMware Carbon Black App Control product.
· Plan, design, develop, document, own, and maintain multiple features through the complete software development lifecycle
· Analyze, isolate and resolve problems in product software with little or no guidance.
· Respond to high-priority issues quickly and drive to resolution and customer satisfaction.
· Lead and contribute to reviews of software artifacts and give considered, high-quality feedback.
· Evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, tools and procedures in the delivery of features.
· Contribute to product direction by leading design discussions and collaborating with team architects, product management, endpoint, backend, and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution
· Plan and schedule work and tasks across multiple features, manage dependencies, change and risk.
· Lead projects and the delivery of multiple features to successful conclusion with a minimum of guidance.
· Provide technical supervision and mentoring of one or more engineers.
· Recommend new features, technologies, tools, process improvements.
· Deliver technical training and training materials for other functional organizations in the company.
· Continuously improve customer experience, quality, performance, and stability of the existing products
· Proactively identify potential pitfalls in proposed software designs
· Participate in Agile development processes and become a true team citizen.
· BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
· 6+ years of software development experience, including PHP and C# or C+· Experience and passion to develop high quality code – writing unit, functional, and system tests for verification and validation of your product code.
· Flexibility to contribute to different components of the App Control Server product, such as the database, Windows services, and the user-interface.
· C+· Proficiency with SQL databases, including authoring queries and tuning database performance.
· Windows Development
· Computer and/or Network Security Experience
· Agile Development
· Writing automated tests
· Experience writing enterprise grade client/server apps
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
FOR COLORADO BASED CANDIDATES:
This position has a minimum base salary which starts at $105,000.00/yr. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968.
This position is eligible for CarbonBlackUSA referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-30
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs