CGL Facility Management, LLC Solution Architect II - Security in Des Moines, Iowa
The Solution Architect II - Security is a client facing, pre-sales technologist who acts as a value added technical advocate for clients. This role is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to security (including application, cloud, network security, data protection, cryptography, identity and access management, key management), qualifying opportunities, and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate products, managed and professional services. This role entails collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting proposed solutions to the client, ensuring the sale is made, and overseeing the delivery of these solutions.
The Solutions Architect II - Security sells and positions implementation and advisory services primarily in the Security domain, but also understands and advises clients on where other strategic and advisory services (Data Center, Networking, Application Development, etc.) fit their needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Client Facing Sales Support – Work with sales account team, interfacing directly with clients. Build trusted advisor relationships, understand clients’ business challenges and propose solutions. Client facing work will include:
o Advising clients on how to integrate the Six Pillars of Security: Data Protection, Threat & Vulnerability Management, Compliance & Governance, Application Security, Data Center & Cloud Security, and Identity and Access Management, throughout their application and data center infrastructures, as well as into their business processes
o Advising clients on greatest areas of security risk and proposing remediation strategies
o Advising clients on industry standards such as: PCI DSS, ISO, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, FISMA and NIST frameworks
o Assessing security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies
• Develop High Level Designs and Architectures – Create and document security architectures that address client business problems and can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
• Create Proposals – Develop BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes, SOWs (Statements Of Work), At-a-glance documents, business cases and RFP responses
• Sales Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long term trusted relationship status
• Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography
• Billable Consulting – Provide services as part of client projects that are billable, usually in a project oversight mode
• Intellectual Property Development – Contribute to the development of intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.)
• Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
• Travel – Travel to/from clients, corporate events and training
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or a related field
• At least eight (8) years experience in a Security Architect or Engineer role
Other Position Requirements -
• Demonstrated ability to apply security technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
• Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
• Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
• Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
• Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
• Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Technical writing experience
• At least three (3) years of experience in pre-sales engineering and/or sales in a Systems Integrator, OEM, or similar environment Security certifications such as CISSP, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Symantec (Blue Coat), FireEye, and/or other relevant vendor certifications
• Four (4) years billable consulting experience
• Three (3) years of experience with leading teams in a Client or consulting project environment
• Four (4) years of experience with Client, OEM or VAR based partner management
• Experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
• Knowledge of cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms, such as OAuth, OpenID, and others
• Experience with cloud-based service-oriented architectures
• Experience working with cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and cloud and security governance tools
• Experience with server virtualization technologies
Data Privacy and System Security
All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.