Lincoln Financial Group Sr. Analyst, Financial Analysis in Des Moines, Iowa
Alternate Locations: Work from Home
Remote : Work at home employee residing outside of a commutable distance to an office location.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 72534
Job Title : Sr. Analyst, Financial Analysis;Job Code : Sr. Analyst, Financial Analysis (FA00P401);Job Family : Financial Analysis;Created By : LFG LFG;Mgr Approval Info : ; Function : Financial Analysis and Tax;FLSA Status : Exempt;Job Level : P4;
General Purpose of Job
The Sr. Analyst will be a member of the Corporate Accounting Team, focused on supporting Sale Lease Back Deals and other corporate initiatives. The Sr. Analyst will also act as a resource to the Fixed Asset Team, and work closely with the Capital Management team in setting up new Sale Leaseback Deals as well as unwinding expiring deals. Will also work closely with the Other Operations FP&A team to assist in forecasting both GAAP and Statutory impacts of the deals. This role offers high visibility working directly with Senior Leadership and has room for growth in a dynamic team with a great culture.
What you'll be doing
• Read and interpret current and emerging accounting guidance, both GAAP and Statutory, for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impacts, and communicate to senior management impacts of changes.
• Support Sale Leaseback initiatives and accounting and reporting out results and assist in forecasting future impacts of deals from a GAAP and Statutory perspective.
• Performs more complex accounting activities, including preparing, classifying, recording, maintaining, and reconciling the General Ledger accounts, sub-ledgers and subsystems in compliance with the accepted accounting policies and principles. Conducts quality assurance checks on journal entries and post to General Ledger Accounts.
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Prepares, analyzes, and reports on complex transactions for their assigned area(s) of responsibility across multiple basis of accounting (GAAP and STAT).
• Provides management with a complex and comprehensive financial perspective, including potential mitigation solutions, for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides subject matter expertise and support to the Corporate Accounting Team, FP&A Team and Capital Management teams in the preparation and communication of complex accounting transactions for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Serves as a subject matter expert to team members and internal stakeholders on complex initiatives.
• Directs and/or participates in departmental and enterprise-wide projects.
• Develops more complex processes to ensure internal controls and SOX compliance and providing ongoing assessment of effectiveness.
• Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as required.
What we’re looking for
• 7+ Years of experience in accounting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
• Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed, and logical discussions/presentations.
• Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work with others in a team environment; Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
• Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement recommend process improvements.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with Power Pivot, Power Query experience and proficiency with remaining Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Thinks critically with excellent analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills.
• Certified Public Accountant.
• Prior experience in insurance/financial services preferred but not required.
• Experience working with Essbase, Hyperion, SAP Business Objects preferred.
• Alteryx experience preferred but not required.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Competitive 401K and employee benefits (https://hrdirectdocs.lfg.com/misc/HR/Recruiting/BenefitsResourcesGuide.pdf)
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $87,700 - $159,900
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help people take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. As of December 31, 2022, approximately 16 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, and guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $299.2 billion in end-of-period account balances, net of reinsurance as of June 30, 2023. Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and ranks among Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies 2022. Dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion, we are included on transparency benchmarking tools such as the Corporate Equality Index, the Disability Equality Index and the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Committed to providing our employees with flexible work arrangements, we were named to FlexJobs’ list of the Top 100 Companies to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2022. With a long and rich legacy of acting ethically, telling the truth and speaking up for what is right, Lincoln was recognized as one of Ethisphere’s 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies®.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive (https://www.lfg.com/public/aboutus/companyoverview/diversityinclusion?audience_page_id=1422918942386) environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lincolnfinancialgroup) , Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/lincolnfingroup) , LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/4307?trkInfo=tas%3Alincoln+financial%2Cidx%3A3-1-3&trk=tyah) , and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lincolnfingroup/) . Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov) notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov/es) avisos.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Lincoln Financial Group Jobs