Verint Systems, Inc. Sr. Engineer, DevOps in Des Moines, Iowa
Sr. Engineer, DevOps
Location US-Remote (United States)
Job ID 16113
At Verint, we believe customer engagement is at the core of global brands. Our mission is to help organizations discover opportunities scarcely imagined by connecting work, data, and experiences enterprise wide. We hire innovators with the passion, creativity, and drive to answer constantly shifting market challenges and deliver impactful results for our customers. Our commitment to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, and engaged team creates a collaborative environment that openly celebrates all cultures and affords personal and professional growth opportunities. Learn more at www.Verint.com.
Overview of Job Function
Verint is looking for a creative and passionate Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our Kiran Analytics engineering team building the CloudCords platform, a cloud-based data analytics driven Workforce Management solution. As part of the team, you will be responsible for designing and developing cloud-based software, tools, and automation for our products and infrastructure in AWS. We are looking for candidates with a passion for solving complex problems with well-designed software solutions and collaborating with like-minded individuals while doing so.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer assists with leading the DevOps efforts and plays a critical role in the delivery of secure and scalable services and products. The Sr. Engineer helps shape the overall DevOps culture that enables the success of software engineers at Verint. The successful candidate is proficient using the latest DevOps tools and technologies to automate solutions and optimize outcomes and provisions and administers static and dynamic infrastructure, implementing continuous integration and deployment in a challenging and fast paced environment.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities
• Take initiative and contribute to a project through various product development stages – scoping work to deliver value iteratively, making substantial design decisions, and driving work to completion.
• Participate and contribute to technical design process. Lead design process for medium-to-large features.
• Research topics and teach the other team members to grow the collective team knowledge.
• Build new automation for deploying and managing software running in many different environments.
• Focus on learning about specific component or product sub-area and develop domain expertise.
• Using solid testing abilities, determine appropriate automated testing to improve software development efficiency.
• Contribute to our CI/CD automation that helps us scale.
• Work across a variety of tools in the DevOps ecosystem. Learn and master new frameworks and technologies; then collaborate with other engineers to drive adoption and improve processes.
• Provision new and manage existing Cloud (AWS, GCP) infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot production issues and take ownership in defining and resolving root causes as well as applying necessary measures to prevent their recurrence.
• Improve and modernize processes around deployments.
• Handle urgent production escalations as a senior engineer.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field of study.
• Minimum of 5+ years experience in design and programming.
• Hands-on experience in developing scalable and maintainable software solutions.
• Solid knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: C#, Java, Golang, or C/C++.
• Proficiency building solutions with public cloud services, such as AWS or Azure.
• Exposure to setting up CI/CD tools and deployments with Azure Pipelines, or a similar tool.
• Proficiency with scripting languages commonly used in automation, such as PowerShell and Python.
• Advanced, hands-on experience with multiple automation frameworks – Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation.
• Working knowledge and experience with container platforms (Kubernetes, DC/OS, Docker etc.).
• Ability to research, learn and integrate new tools and technologies when needed.
• Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, SS Verification, as well as credit and drug screening, where applicable and in accordance with federal and local regulations.
• Knowledge of current trends and best practices in one of the following areas: DevOps, security, performance, automated testing, usability design or accessibility.
• Experience managing AWS resources using AWS CloudFormation.
• Experience working with monitoring tools like Datadog, Amazon CloudWatch, Prometheus and similar.
• Experience building and managing centralized logging technologies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
Verint Systems, Inc.
- Verint Systems, Inc. Jobs