Lumen Sr Lead Edge Marketplace Product Manager- Work from Home in Des Moines, Iowa
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Senior Lead Product Manager for Lumen Edge Marketplace oversees the overall business strategy and execution for the Edge Marketplace, while delivering on the Marketplace strategy, managing vendor relationships, driving product development, and leading the growth of the Marketplace. The Senior Lead Product Manager must ensure alignment of all overall business plans, Marketplace roadmap and development, and marketing activities, including those executed or supported by Engineering, and Product Development. The Sr. Lead Product Manager will be responsible for working with multiple supplier technologies and Software as a Service (SaaS) vendors to create differentiating SaaS offerings running on Lumen Edge solutions that can be deployed via Lumen’s platform.
The development and implementation of a sound global Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy will be key to the success of Lumen’s ability to increase market share and credibility within the edge solution area and to meet or exceed assigned objectives and goals. The Sr. Lead Product Manager must also develop and maintain a high level of rapport with internal and external stakeholders as the role requires extensive collaboration with individuals and organizations including, but not limited to: third party vendors, engineering, strategic alliance managers, legal, procurement, marketing, sales management, product development, and operations. This role comes with a generous base salary, awesome benefits and a 20% annual bonus.
The Main Responsibilities
• Build a global Edge Marketplace roadmap based on key market trends and compelling opportunities for the IOT market that differentiates Lumen as an IOT/Edge market leader.
• Provide expert understanding of the IOT market and create a vision and strategy for how Lumen can partner with third party vendors to help businesses optimize their IOT & business applications by running them on Lumen’s Edge and networking services.
• Understand what IOT-centric businesses need in order to move from POC to fully implemented solution and be the “voice of the business customer” in developing IOT solutions, thus translating that knowledge into an executable Lumen Marketplace offerings.
• Provide leadership in identifying third party SaaS offering, and develop GTM strategies based on well-defined best practices, processes, training, sales, and support.
• Ability to understand the global IOT landscape, particularly in EMEA and NA regions while being proficient in identifying and incorporating the local market variances.
• Ensure alignment of sales and business development priorities to support the goals of Lumen’s Edge services business units.
• Senior Lead Product Manager will be responsible for the ownership of the Edge Marketplace product roadmap, and key KPIs to drive the business.
• Understand how to interpret analytical data and apply it to strategic and tactical plans, as well as define and refine the customer experience.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• BS/BA in related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in product management with a proven track record of performance; 4 to 8 years’ experience in cloud and networking services; minimum of 2 years’ experience in IOT market as a product manager or sales engineer,
• Technical knowledge of cloud services and networking
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing strategic partner relationships.
• Excellent at defining and writing product development requirements, coupled with the ability to create compelling use cases and user personas.
• Innovative mindset and ability to think outside traditional methodologies and approaches.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) as well as interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• The ability and willingness to effectively and proactively interact in a highly matrixed environment to achieve results.
• A high degree of self-motivation and flexibility with the ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks and competing priorities in an ever-evolving environment.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 257606
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs