UnityPoint Health Supervisor Radiology-Radiology Administration-Lutheran in Des Moines, Iowa
Is responsible, under the direction of a Radiologist and the Manager, to supervise those whose duties directly involve a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation or other forms of energy. Supervise and evaluate the needs of the technologists and ancillary personnel assigned within specific areas of the department. Coordinates the hiring of staff, discipline of staff, scheduling of personnel, repair of equipment, and assists the Manager, as needed. To be a resource and to educate the physicians, staff, students, and other customers who utilize radiology services.
• Supervise and direct staffing, scheduling of patients, and personnel evaluations.
• Works in all areas of the General Radiology Department, as needed.
• Interprets UnityPoint Health – Des Moines and Radiology Policies and Procedures for subordinates insuring knowledge and compliance.
• Manage issues related to staffing, morale, work methods, procedures, transfers, and corrective actions in accordance with UnityPoint Health – Des Moines Policies in all personnel matters.
• Responsible for procurement, storage, and routing of supplies.
• Maintains proper records for auditing purposes and prepares monthly reports, as needed.
• Coordinates and performs PPD and new hire evaluations.
• Attends monthly staff meetings and educational opportunities.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Integrates and demonstrates FOCUS values and Patient Experience Core Competencies to guide professional behaviors, while adhering to the policies and procedures of UnityPoint Health – Des Moines.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
• Practice reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DNV, DIA, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Demonstrates the ability to meet the department work schedule.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Education: Graduation from an AMA approved School of Radiology Technology.
Experience: 2 Years of Experience as an ARRT Radiology Technologist.
License(s)/Certification(s): Current Iowa Permit to Practice. ARRT Registered. Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS within three (3) months from date of hire. Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Requisition ID: 2021-88940
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $33.42/Hr.
Name: Radiology Administration- Luth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8-430/830-5, will join the leadership holiday call coverage rotation schedule
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org