CDM Smith The Perry Group, Ltd. - Senior Estimator (heavy industrial) in Des Moines, Iowa
The Senior Estimator will focus on estimating for all trades on heavy industrial projects.
Outline of Responsibilities:
Provides full estimating services or prepares portions of estimates for their specialty for large size projects of high complexity. Gives administrative and technical direction. Ensures that corporate objectives are met.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares design/build, engineer, construction management, guaranteed maximum price, and hard-bid estimates/proposals. Analyzes quotations both prior to and on bid day. Evaluates bids of sub-contractors and suppliers for completeness of scope of work, delivery time, and compliance with the specifications and other requirements.
• Enters quantity take-offs and material unit pricings as applicable to project. Recognizes and applies appropriate work breakdown structure (WBS) structure. Processes and identifies complete scope of project with limited levels of design definition.
• Prepares opinions of probable construction cost estimates to applicable discipline. Develop subcontractor and vendor scopes and reviews same for completeness.
• Assists in coordination of overall corporate estimating functions.
• Contact subcontractors and suppliers for outsource pricing.
• May provide guidance to more junior staff in estimating procedures and the use of estimating software.
• Manages bid day and close out activities.
• Performs additional duties as required.
The Perry Group, Ltd. - Senior Estimator (heavy industrial)
At a minimum, the Senior Estimator shall have the following:
• a high school diploma or equivalent, and
• eight (8) years of related experience
• Extensive Sage Timberline estimating software experience
• Experience estimating for all trades on heavy industrial/heavy commercial projects
The Louis Perry Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed Louis Perry Group Placement Agreement from the Louis Perry Group Recruiting Lead to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the Louis Perry Group staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to the Louis Perry Group and any resume submitted to any employee outside of the Louis Perry Group’s Recruiting Lead will be considered property of the Louis Perry Group. The Louis Perry Group will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Why Louis Perry?:
The Perry Group, Ltd. is a full-service, design/build, general construction and construction management firm and a specialized equipment systems manufacturer. We have built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of construction and equipment projects.
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, estimating software, cost control and material pricing.
• Knowledge of Timberline estimating software tools • Reads and comprehends drawings and specifications and identify missing elements during design development
• Ability to perform conceptual estimates in multiple trades and review estimates in many trades.
• Ability to estimate many types of projects/contracts • Good multi-tasking skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
• Strong personal computer and Estimating and On-Screen digitizing software skills
• Strong computer aptitude to include basic knowledge of Microsoft Office & Excel
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Team player attitude
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods; knowledge of procedures for construction and ability to read and understand construction documents
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Cost conscious
• Work overtime as required
• Maintain responsive, smooth relations with parallel operation within The Perry Group
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
The Louis Perry Group reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, the Louis Perry Group may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
The Louis Perry Group will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by the Louis Perry Group or a Louis Perry Group client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
The Louis Perry Group is committed to your health and safety. The Louis Perry Group and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs