Huntington Ingalls Industries Training Manager (Flight Simulation Trainer 4) - 5325 in Des Moines, Iowa
Requisition Number: 5325
Required Travel: 11 - 25%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Secret
Level of Experience: Senior
Employee Referral Bonus Amount: ERP Amount: $3,500
HII Mission Technologies is looking for a Training Manager to plan, manage, and ensure execution of all Air National Guard (ANG) Operational Training Support (OTS) tactical academics. Candidate will work with government and other Event Controller Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure SMEs are qualified for Operational Training event execution. This position is located at the Distributed Training Operations Center (DTOC) in Des Moines, IA. *MV *TE
What you will do
Plan, manage, and ensure execution of all ANG OTS Tactical academics. Ensure contractor SMEs are qualified for Operational Training event execution.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Focus to build quality SMEs in order to execute the DTOC mission
• Facilitate Academic Training Plan
• Administer Letter of Qualifications (LoX) and recommend adds/modifications.
• Assign primary trainer to individual trainees
• Work with SMEs to define a specified training plan (i.e. how many events) & timeline
• Quality control of training levels
• Coordinate/train SMEs to the DTOC standards
• Coordinate with Mission planning, Modeling & Simulation and Scheduling.
• Participate in meetings to recommend training and academics, recommend who should/should not be in training, recommend when a SME should be put into additional training, and any additional training/academic requirements
• Coordinate academic briefings (identify topics, briefer/instructor, date/time, personnel, etc)
• Participate as Event Controller for multiple Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) event types as required
What we are looking for
10 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 8 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 14 years relevant experience.
Minimum five (5) years’ experience conducting training in a DMO environment
Current or previous Instructor qualified in any air or ground based platform
Skills in building and maintaining training plans, standards, and positional evaluations
Skills in communication, public speaking, and providing constructive feedback on SME performance
Effective time management skills, and ability to hold SMEs accountable to annual requirements
Skills in maintaining relevant electronic weapons and tactics library on multiple networks
Secret security clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
Preferred: Bonus Points For...
- Top Secret Security Clearance
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com (https://huntingtoningalls.com/) .
HII’s Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today’s connected, all-domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HII's domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Huntington Ingalls Industries Jobs