UnityPoint Health Unit Clerk-Intensive Care Unit-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides ancillary support for Critically ill patients in a 36 bed mixed critical care unit in a level 1 critical care unit. While RN is primary care giver unit clerk provides support for patients including but not limited to: trauma, open heart, renal, cardiac, pulmonary, general surgery, sepsis and general medical.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team acts as initial communicator with families and functions as gatekeeper in this locked unit. Recognizes the value of and acts in accordance with FOCUS values as the initial contact point for families and visitors.
Acts in accordance with DNV Primary Stroke Center guidelines and educational requirements therein.
• Utilizes critical thinking and maintains responsibility for knowledge related to assigned area.
• Utilizes available technology to communicate with healthcare team members, physicians, physician office staff, patients, families and visitors.
• Performs receptionist duties including greeting patients and families using FOCUS values, and answering questions.
• Assembles patient charts and performs Advance directive second checks.
• Audits restraints
• Processes patient care information and maintains records, i.e. patient charges, daily records, patient care records, and department files.
• Accountable for relaying patient care information and incoming messages to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Consistently delivers high quality work product in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and patient experience by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; is open and objective to other’s views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and puts the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Inventories, orders, stores and maintains office supplies.
• Delivers supplies and paperwork/records to appropriate areas.
• Runs errands to other departments as necessary
• Prepares patient areas before and after use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Previous clerical experience required. Able to type accurately. Experienced in Microsoft Office application software. Previous medical experience, previous Epic EMR experience, and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills.
Requisition ID: 2019-70515
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $12.20/Hr.
Name: Intensive Care Unit- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN- As needed all shifts
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org