UnityPoint Health Unit Clerk-Y7 Med/Surg-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides clerical support for staff. Delivers and obtains information, specimens, and supplies within the facility. Contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families. This is a 22 bed medical surgical unit with patient population consisting of pulmonary conditions, bowel and bladder conditions, other various acute and chronic medical conditions plus minor surgeries.
• Prioritizes dissemination of information using available technology.
• Assists with maintaining readiness of patient care equipment.
• Effectively and accurately maintains patient records.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; open and objective to other’s views, gives them welcome feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and puts the success of the team above own interest.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Manages supplies and patient care supplies, i.e., order, obtain and store supplies.
• Must be able to transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher.
• Must be able to manipulate cart loaded with supplies.
High school diploma or equivalent. UNIT CLERK EXPERIENCE, OR EXPERIENCE IN A MEDICAL OFFICE SETTING PREFERRED. Medical terminology needed. Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English. 40 wpm typing. Personable with good phone etiquette. Must be able to transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher.
Requisition ID: 2021-87488
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $13.05/Hr.
Name: Med/Surg Y7- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.3
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 6:45a-7:15p (12 hours/week), also includes working every 3rd weekend
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org