Prairie Farms Dairy Class B CDL delivery driver in Dubuque, Iowa
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/11461310
Salary:\$700.00 to \$1,000.00 /weekCommission with a \$700 Guarantee
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess a CDL Class B Drivers License
- Comply with Department of Transportation and in-house rules and regulations
- Complete a daily truck log as needed
- Pick up and deliver dairy products to and/or from customers
- Loads and unloads dairy products at the plant if needed
- Uses a hand truck or dolly
- Understands the route of their shipment
- Utilizes GPS unit to calculate the most efficient and safest route, if needed
- Creates a good relationship with customers, other drivers and vendors
- Observes and reports equipment or mechanical failures immediately
- Coordinates truck repair as needed
- Conducts daily inspections of the vehicle before driving on a route
Must be able to sit in a truck for the duration of a shift. Must be able to push and/or pull 90 pounds and carry 50 pounds. Willing to work a flexible schedule which can include weekday, weekend and holiday hours.
*Monday thru Friday, working hours approximately 3am to noon.
Must be able to work/drive in extreme temperatures and conditions including hot (100 degrees), cold (below zero degrees) and all types of weather, including but not limited to sun, rain, sleet, snow and ice.
Must keep work area and truck safe and clean and work in a safe and efficient manner. Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions and perform basic mathematics. Must be able to follow plant and safety policies and procedures. Must comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Class B drivers license in good standing
- No serious tickets or accidents in the last 5 years
- No DWI/DUI in last 10 years
- 2+ years commercial driver experience required
Prairie Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified application will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.