PRAIRIE FARMS DAIRY, INC Plant Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift in Dubuque, Iowa
A Maintenance Supervisor assists in planning, directing, and effectively maintaining equipment related to operations at the Prairie Farms Dubuque, IA facility. It is a key leadership position responsible for overseeing the maintenance activities within the organization, ensuring the smooth operation of equipment and facilities by managing a team of maintenance technicians, and coordinating maintenance tasks. The Maintenance Supervisor collaborates with other departments, plans maintenance schedules, and ensures safety and quality standards compliance.
- Lead and manage a team of maintenance technicians, providing guidance, coaching, and performance feedback.
- Plan and schedule maintenance activities to optimize equipment uptime and minimize disruptions to operations.
- Coordinate with production and operations teams to plan maintenance tasks during scheduled downtimes.
- Prioritize and assign work orders to the maintenance team, ensuring timely completion of tasks.
- Conduct regular inspections to assess equipment performance and identify maintenance needs.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment issues, ensuring timely resolution and minimal downtime.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders and maintenance logs.
- Collaborate with the procurement department to ensure timely spare parts and supplies availability.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to increase equipment reliability.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations, company policies, and industry standards.
- Implement and promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement within the maintenance team.
- Liaise with external vendors and contractors for specialized maintenance services or equipment repairs.
- Assist in the training and development of the maintenance technicians to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- High school diploma or equivalent. A technical degree or certification in a relevant field is a plus.
- Proven experience (2-5 years or more) in maintenance, managing a team of maintenance technicians and coordinating their activities.
- Knowledge of maintenance management software and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS). Express Maintenance is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills to address maintenance challenges effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
- Understand 12 VDC, 24 VDC, 24 VAC, 120 VAC, 240 VAC, 480 VAC single and 3 phase systems including but not limited to 4-20 ma current process signals,
- Should know about reciprocating ammonia compressors, ammonia screw compressors, condensers, liquid ammonia pumps, evaporators, water pumps, chillers, and heat exchangers.
- Should be familiar with the operation of steam-fired boilers.
- Should be able to troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic systems, including piping, compressors, pumps, control valves, and actuators.
- Should include experience with Allen Bradley Software, including RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, Factory Talk View, Drive Tools, etc.
- Should be familiar with and able to maintain regulatory programs such as OSHAs Process Safety Management (PSM), EPAs Risk Management Plan (RMP), and safety programs such as Lockout Tag Out (LOTO).
- Should possess experience with project management, including identification of plant needs, definition of the scope of work, acquiring budget quotes, managing timeline, and work to completion.
- Must use multiple welding processes; Sanitary welding experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret different types of blueprints and to use precis on measuring instruments effectively.