DAYBREAK FOODS INC Milling Truck Driver in ESTHERVILLE, Iowa
Drives diesel powered tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver feed to our facilities, in all weather conditions, with safety being the first consideration.
- Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations.
- Make sure everything is secure in the trailer.
- Prepares paperwork to meet regulation for travel, document deliveries, and prepare logs to ICC regulation.
- Inspect tractor/trailer, submits reports of indicating vehicle condition.
- Helps facilitate vehicle maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years driving experience with a class A commercial driver's license, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must have a tanker endorsement.
- Limited computer skills are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicate effectively with staff and customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating manual, etc.
- Ability to write common business English and numerical data, as used on shipping bills of lading, gas receipts, trip reports, etc.
- Must have pallet jack, fork lift training and experience
Stand and walk constantly; grip, grasp, push, pull, reach, bend, stoop, lift up to 10 pounds frequently; sit, climb, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and water, and chemicals. Temperature is regulated for operations standards. Cooler temperatures occur in specific areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper personal protective equipment will be required during certain working conditions. Employees are required to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) due to working in a food manufacturing environment (hairnets, clean clothes, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)