Waldorf College Esport Head Coach / Coordinator in Forest City, Iowa
Waldorf University is actively recruiting a full-time Head Coach/Coordinator to launch and oversee all facets of the *NEW* forming Esports program. This individual will play a key role in establishing, recruiting and retaining students for the new Esports program. Key responsibilities include in-game coaching, recruiting, budgeting, fundraising/sponsorships, alumni relations, community engagement, scheduling, promoting, training and conditioning, skill instruction, academic support, compliance, and game plan preparation and strategy. This position will be responsible for the development of a competitive and successful Esports program. Waldorf is already off to a good start with an e-gaming experience club that has been active since the spring to 2019.
This position is directly supervised by the Dean of Student Life and is part of the Office of Student Life department. Position is full-time, with benefits and will have additional to be determined collateral assignment(s) making up approximately 10% of the workload. Ideally will be a 12mo position with recruiting and youth camps during summer months, however will consider possible 10mo appointment. Salary range low to mid 30’s.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Consideration will be given to those candidates with an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- At least one year competitive Esports experience involving multi player online video games with team-based elements.
- Experience coaching Esport athletes preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to cast a vision to develop and grow the new program. New head coach will have significant input on the design and set up of our gaming center.
- Prior recruiting experience is desirable, as well as experience with network/IT set ups in relation to Esports gaming, and development of social media platforms for streaming video game feeds for public consumption.
- Familiarity with fundraising, alumni relations and community engagement in addition to previous budgetary management experience preferred.
- Candidates should have experience with the following titles: League of Legends, Overwatch, Rocket League, Smash Brothers, and Hearthstone along with understanding and experience around NBA 2K/League.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to transport team as needed
Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt and benefit eligible position. Waldorf University offers a comprehensive benefit package with including: health, life, LTD, 401k match and tuition benefits for employees and their families, in addition to options in dental, vision, supplemental and voluntary life insurances and FLEX spending plan.
To Apply: Interested and qualified candidates are asked to apply through the link below, upload their application materials including a letter of interest outlining your qualifications, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. Final candidate will be subject to a background investigation. Please include battletag name in your materials.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
More information about Waldorf, visit: https://www.waldorf.edu/about; link to our gaming experience club: https://www.facebook.com/WUWGE/?tn=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDF-xnFHdACddYpxkqmExDyFCJin3sQDP3kbtPC4b5fF9CfUBoVGMN9FWf2alvaF6RKj5GMd3yM_qGW