UnityPoint Health Assistant Controller- Fort Dodge in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
Assistant Controller - Fiscal Services
Fort Dodge Region
FTE: 1.0 (Full-time, 40 hours per week)
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Budget and Forecast
· Assist Controller and VP of Finance with the preparation of annual financial revenue and expense budget for departments and subsidiaries.
· Develop and analyze financial and operational models and assumptions to assist departmental management in the budget process.
· Assist with the preparation of the long-range financial plan and all subsidiaries. This includes developing assumptions and modeling various scenarios to project a multi-year financial forecast.
· Participate in budget education sessions with department managers and directors.
Financial Reporting and Modeling
· Review and analyze monthly financial statements and statistics reports, comparing actual results to budget and historical trends, and reporting significant results to management.
· Prepare and analyze business unit pro-formas including gross charges, net revenue and expense assumptions using data from a variety of sources including Lawson general ledger, EPSi cost accounting and Epic patient billing.
· Responsible for working with outside parties on the annual financial statement audit, annual Medicare Cost Report audit, corporate internal audit and others as necessary.
· Participate in program service line evaluation teams to ensure proper and accurate financial representation of the evaluation.
· Complete special projects, ad hoc analysis and pro formas requested by management.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
Two years’ experience in Finance or Accounting.
Experience developing a budget in a large organization.
Certified Public Accountant.
Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Excellent Microsoft Office Suite experience (Excel, Word, Outlook.)
Use advanced Excel functionality to prepare various analysis – pivot tables, vlookups, powerpivot, etc.
Critical thinking skills, working in a team and meeting deadlines.
Working in complex computer financial systems.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-96465
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Analytics and Data Strategies
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org