UnityPoint Health Communications Operator-Fort Dodge, IA in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
11pm-7am and 3pm-11pm (20 hours a week)
Part Time Benefits
Responsible for answering incoming calls to the hospital and clinics, providing information, and transferring calls. Also responsible for monitoring multiple alarm systems and dispatching appropriate codes and response teams. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
% of Time
· Greets visitors, guests and patients and answers telephone calls in a professional, courteous manner.
· Demonstrates good listening skills and accurately records and communicates messages.
· Demonstrates good judgment in emergency, critical and non-routine situations.
· Communicates confidential information discretely and appropriately.
· Accurately announces emergency codes and abides by Hospital-wide policies
· Initiates work orders for Biomedical Services, Buildings & Grounds, Environmental Services, through the HELP Desk.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Diploma or GED
Prior telephone or switchboard experience preferred but not required.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions. Good interpersonal skills and organizational abilities. Ability to exercise good judgment, maintain good interpersonal relationships and adapt to change. Ability to write legibly, speak clearly, use correct grammar. Must have some computer/typing skills. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to interact appropriately and organize information appropriately for hospital personnel. Visual acuity for reading computer monitors, alarm panels and written instructions. Hearing and listening to verbal communication, alarms and telephones
Knowledge of basic medical terminology is helpful
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position including Monitors, computer, printer, telephone system voice mail, beeper system, Alarm System Computers, Code panels and monitors, and Code Phone, TTY phone, Auto Attendant, Radio Paging System, and Two-way radios.
Requisition ID: 2020-80151
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Communications Center
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org