AIRGAS USA LLC Local Delivery Driver (CDL B) in Fort Dodge, Iowa
R10032131 Local Delivery Driver (CDL B) (Open)
Fort Dodge, IA - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Airgas operates a modern and efficient fleet. Most vehicles are under 6 years old and equipped with driver-friendly technology, such as On Board Computers, collision avoidance technology, latest camera technology and GPS navigation. As the "face of Airgas", the Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck. The Delivery Driver loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
In particular, you will:
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer locations. Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents by ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, vehicle placards, cylinder labeling and load nesting and strapping at all times comply with Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR) and all government regulations including, but not limited to, those issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies; ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
________Are you a MATCH?
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- Valid Medical Examiner's Card.
- Hazmat and Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last five (5) years and a clean driving record to include no more than two (2) convictions; OR two (2) at- fault accident in the last 3 years; OR no more than a combination of one (1) conviction and one (1) at-fault accident in the last 3 years.
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- In lieu of experience, Airgas may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Must be at least 21 years or older.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunit employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement. This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424).
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability