GEORGIA-PACIFIC Maintenance Millwright in FORT DODGE, Iowa
Our Fort Dodge, IA Gypsum facility is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright. The Millwright helps ensure the successful operation of the facility by resolving mechanical issues, recommending alternative repairs and equipment upgrades, identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment.
hese positions start at $29.73 per hour
and higher, depending on your experience.
Our Plant has operated continuously in Fort Dodge for over 50 years and is a preferred supplier in our market with current and future capital investments that are planned to keep our operation viable and profitable for decades to come. Members of our Maintenance teamwork for an industry leader with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and an operation with a record of longevity and success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working as a part of a highly functioning team to ensure timely completion of all maintenance tasks and minimize equipment down time
- Working with an invested operations team to troubleshoot all mechanical problems
- Develop new skills with the support of experienced and engaged leaders
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Accurately using measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, tachometers, and dial indicators
- Welding on as-needed basis
- Ability to work a rotating shift
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year of industrial or military maintenance experience OR a 2-year technical degree in Maintenance Mechanics or Engineering Associate
- Experience with industrial maintenance practices and policies
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working as part of a team to problem solve
- Experience working with conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience with Preventive, Predictive, and Proactive maintenance
- Experience using precision maintenance tools such as laser alignment tools
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophyhere.
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the ollowing website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf