UnityPoint Health Patient Registration Clerk in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Patient Registration Clerk
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
FTE: 1.0 (Full-time, 40 hours per week)
Shifts: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm, every third weekend and two holidays per year
Serves as Registrar for department and completes clerical tasks under the supervision of the Registration Manager/Supervisor. Works closely with patients, families, peers, supervisor, physicians and other healthcare team members
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
· Greets and escorts new patients and guests while demonstrating positive customer service skills.
· Answers telephone calls and makes calls for patients and guests.
· Maintains and orders supplies.
· Completes registration interviews with patients including insurance verification
· Assists with account corrections to ensure accurate registration and billing.
· Utilizes Point of Service calculator to obtain patient’s estimated liability.
· Performs Point of Service Collections by requesting estimated liabilities, copays, and deposits.
· Processes and posts patient payments on accounts after collecting cash, check or credit card payment. Provides patient with receipt and reconciles cash drawer at end of day.
· Prepares patient charts including labels, wristbands, information flexes and other forms/documents used by patient care team.
· Explains and has patients sign treatment consents and required billing documents.
· Handles a wide variety of clerical work.
· Calls and/or faxes for insurance pre-certification and authorization for inpatient and outpatient services, when needed.
· Maintains documents and forms related to registered and admitted patients.
· Handles all patients with sensitivity and efficiency.
· Communicates heavily with other departments, patients, nursing and other medical staff to ensure quality coordination of patient care.
· Supports and contributes to department goals by attending department meetings and participating in performance improvement activities.
· Attend hospital-wide informational sessions.
· Assists with or trains new employees.
· Maintains knowledge of registration responsibilities associated with the external disaster plan and system downtime.
· Complies with and remains knowledgeable of government payor guidelines and policies i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and Veterans Administration.
· Maintains effective communication/working relationships with co-workers, management and members of the healthcare team.
· Obtains and transcribes orders for patients.
· Other clerical duties as assigned.
· Adheres to all hospital policies and procedures
High School Graduate.
Previous customer service experience
Data entry and typing. Hospital experience or business training helpful.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2023-127361
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Patient Access
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm, every third weekend and rotating holidays
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org